PandaPrincess

Pokemon Go

Heather

I am so excited Pokemon Go is now in Canada. but then realized my phone is incompatible. I had remember reading something earlier, one of my facebook friends mentioned having to get a new phone to play pokemon go because their's wouldn't work and it was the same one as mine (samsung galaxy note 2) but then when I realized it wasn't available in Canada (at that time) I didn't think about it anymore but it doesn't show up in the Google Play store.. so I got to wait to get a new phone probably.  Unless maybe they sort it out to allow it to be downloaded on it.. but I think it's a good idea for me to wait anyway.  I need a new phone but just don't want to pay too much for one yet so going to wait. But people keep getting me excited about it because so many people are playing it!

nichii
3 hours ago, Tylermc said:

Does anybody know how too get more poke balls ?

You can find them at pokestops. You spin the pokestop picture and they fall out.

Tylermc
10 minutes ago, nichii said:

You can find them at pokestops. You spin the pokestop picture and they fall out.

Thank you very much ? Have a great day tomorrow 

RiRi

@squeeker That sucks. I didn't know there were incompatible phones/devices for it. I'm not sure if my new phone will be compatible then. I will have to look into which systems it supports and what not. I wanted to download it on my tablet, but I don't think it's compatible now. I was going to ask you for the link, but I've just found it. I'm glad you posted this because I could have possibly wasted my money on a new phone and be unable to download it. According to the link, my tablet is incompatible. So I will see if I can get the app or not any time soon. This sucks for me because practically everyone's probably like in level 20+ and I've not even downloaded the app yet. I'm so behind. :( What if in the future they start charging for it. That would utterly suck. :( 

Heather

@Makelets Yeah it really sucks. I'm nervous about getting a new phone too, I have been looking more at the new phones available and I think most of the new Samsung devices (Note 5 and S6 + S7) seem like they will work but I'd be more concerned now about getting a non-Samsung android phone. I think definitely don't get a windows phone because they won't work as well.

I hope they don't start charging for it in the future either. At least let us get new phones that support it first so we can get it for free. I am sure though that people will still be joining even a few years from now.  But I get what you mean, as it will be very difficult to catch up to the players who have been playing from the start!! :( I keep reading about it, it makes me want to run out and get a new phone now but I feel like it's a bit of a splurge right now as my phone still works decently. 

Although it's strange because when I started thinking of getting a new phone, there were a few glitches on my current phone that started appearing, though I have downloaded apps that replace the functions lost so it will be okay. Maybe I can get a new phone soon, but I want to have enough to get one of the newer Samsung ones I think, I'm not sure if I will get the Samsung Note 5 or Samsung S6 or S7.  Anyway.. getting off topic. But I suggest before you get a new phone that you do a Google Search for "[phone brand and version] and pokemon go" to see if anyone had any issues with it!!! 

Pinky and his brain

I just checked my 3 years old phone. It's compatible. But I don't play the game, I just got curious. :lol:

@squeeker According to the internet, your Galaxy note 2 should have access to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat. Have you checked your update status ? It's correct that the phone came with 4.1.1, but there should be and update available, if the web is reliable. Upgrades usually hide in the settings menu under "about this phone" or "about device". Different brands use different names. But if the update is there, then your phone should be able to run the game.

The minimum requirement is Android version 4.4, so 4.4.2 should be fine. My phone also has 4.4.2, and Pokemon Go is available in the play store.

Just in case you wanted to try it. :)

Heather

@Pinky and his brain Thanks for the info. Unfortunately my phone was updated (I checked for updates just in case, and it said it was up to date and Android version 4.4.2) but when I search "pokemon go" in the Play Store, nothing comes up for an actual game, just for other guide/chat apps related.  It's kinda annoying because like you said, it should technically work if it meets minimum requirements. But maybe they didn't feel like including the Note 2 phone, and since it's older I guess they probably won't create a solution because they will just encourage people to buy new phones. But thank you still so much for your advice. :) 

RiRi

I played Pokemon Go on someone else's phone today, it was fun. :D It took a while for me to catch some of the pokemon, so I did waste some poke balls. I can't wait to hopefully get the app in about a month or so. :)

Heather

That's so nice you got to play it @Makelets ! I keep seeing people posting pictures from the game on Instagram and it makes me want to play. I will play it eventually. :) 

nichii
On 7/20/2016 at 1:24 PM, Makelets said:

@squeeker That sucks. I didn't know there were incompatible phones/devices for it. I'm not sure if my new phone will be compatible then. I will have to look into which systems it supports and what not. I wanted to download it on my tablet, but I don't think it's compatible now. I was going to ask you for the link, but I've just found it. I'm glad you posted this because I could have possibly wasted my money on a new phone and be unable to download it. According to the link, my tablet is incompatible. So I will see if I can get the app or not any time soon. This sucks for me because practically everyone's probably like in level 20+ and I've not even downloaded the app yet. I'm so behind. :( What if in the future they start charging for it. That would utterly suck. :( 

Some phones are incompatible due to not having a gyroscope. This was the case with my old phone, but I was still able to download the game by searching for the Pokemon Go apk file. The only thing that didn't work was the augmented reality which can be disabled. The game plays perfectly with AR disabled. Google should let people download it if only one feature in the game doesn't work on some phones.