PandaPrincess

Pokemon Go

RiRi

Wooooo!!! Just downloaded Pokémon Go!!! :) I'm going to try it and see how it goes. :D I'm really happy about this. I'll post on here how it went. :) 

Harrow

I also finally got Pokemon Go today for the first time:lol: though seen as its night and dangerous outside, I'm going wait till tomorrow to try it out!

RiRi

That's awesome that you got it too @Eadric! I'm having trouble even starting the game. It says that GPS signal not found. :( I've been stuck on there looking online for possible solutions and nothing's working. Am I supposed to sign up using Pokemon Trainer Club option instead of Google? Can someone that knows help? I'll post later if I was able to solve the issue. 

Harrow

On Android you must put location on its one of the notifications you can toggle on like Bluetooth or Mobile data. That's what I did and then it started working. Hope that helps @Makelets. If not I'll research the problem for you. 

RiRi

@Eadric I'm still having trouble using it, unfortunately. :( 

RiRi

Finally got it to work! :) I got to create my profile! :) It's all been an awesome, exciting experience! :) I caught Squirtle today! :) 

579bfdafda3fb_ScreenShot2016-07-29at6.06 579bfde9376b7_ScreenShot2016-07-29at6.07

PandaPrincess
2 hours ago, Makelets said:

That's awesome that you got it too @Eadric! I'm having trouble even starting the game. It says that GPS signal not found. :( I've been stuck on there looking online for possible solutions and nothing's working. Am I supposed to sign up using Pokemon Trainer Club option instead of Google? Can someone that knows help? I'll post later if I was able to solve the issue. 

You can disable mock locations.  You have to go to "about phone" and click on your build number seven times which will enable developer options. Then you go to locations and disable mock locations. That is one way to fix the gps issues.  Also, make sure that your wifi on your phone is turned on. If you are inside, and your gps isn't working, step outside for 30 to 60 seconds and stand still. That should help the gps work again. I've noticed that the gps was really spotty today when I was playing.

PandaPrincess

@Makelets thats aesome that you got it to work :D. Its a really fun game.

RiRi

@PandaPrincess Thank you for the GPS advices. I opened the windows and that's how the GPS started working. 

I caught some Pokemon yesterday, but I can't remember their names. I don't know many of the newer pokemon names as I only watched the show the beginning stages. Not sure if it was because later pokemon was on a cable channel or because I didn't have a T.V. Maybe I should watch pokemon all over again. :)

I think a lot of you on this thread probably watched the whole series? Up until there was this one girl with brown hair who I think replaced Misty?

Heather

@Makelets I haven't watched the whole series. I never really watched it when I was younger.  No one else in my household got into it and I wasn't one to watch something new when I was younger. I have started watched some on Netflix though. I also knew some of the names that I learned throughout the years. I did play a pokemon game a couple times, it was my sister's friend's game so I didn't have it much.  A lot of the pokemon names I don't know but some of the names are more familiar. :) 

I get so excited when I am able to go out somewhere to catch Pokemon and catch some or visit a Pokestop.  It's so exciting having a game that uses google maps so it feels more real and connected to the real physical world. haha :D I am so glad you and @Eadric were able to download the game now!