Alex

Games

PandaPrincess

I just started playing Yoshi's New Island.  At first, I thought the game was a little too easy, but then I really got into it and started liking it.  I wish that I didn't start playing it now though because I need to get homework done for school. 

Kuribo [old account]

Some of you might appreciate this...

The Boat Captain

I'm mostly a retro gamer, although there are plenty of modern games I play too. I've been a gamer since I was a kid. The first videogame system I owned was an Atari 2600 but the games really didn't interest me back then. My love for videogames didn't really spark until one day when I was staying at my grandpa's house and my cousin brought along her Super Nintendo along with a copy of Super Mario World. My little mind was blown away.

My family couldn't afford to get an SNES but every summer we'd spend a few weeks down in Georgia at my dad's house and my half-brother Stevie owned an SNES along with Super Mario World and Super Mario All-Stars, among a few other games. We made so many great memories.

I can't even count the number of games I've played through my life. Probably at least a hundred. But of all the ones I've played, Terranigma for the SNES stands out the most as being exceptional; the one game I've played that has had the biggest impact on me. Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 6 and several others come very close, but Terranigma I can say without a doubt is my all-time favorite. I'd talk about that game but I'd go on and on. Just look it up on Wikipedia (and play it lol).

I'm still buying more games and playing today. Currently I have a PC (my favorite platform), a Nintendo 64, a Gamecube, a dead Xbox 360 and a Playstation 2 that randomly turns off while I'm playing. I'm hoping this Christmas I'll be get enough money to get a new Xbox 360 (not interested in the next generation of consoles. Not enough good games yet).

Scott

I wish I had a Nintendo system, they're the only developer that seems to focus on pure fun and enjoyment in the games they make or choose to have on their platforms. Have you considered a Wii U? That seems like it has some awesome games, I'm considering selling my PS4 to get a Wii U.

The Boat Captain

No I don't have a Wii because I hate the name. Yes, I'm that shallow lol But I also haven't seen any games exclusive to the Wiis that are good enough to make me wanna buy it. I prefer the Xboxs and Playstations more. I plan on buying a PS3 next year when I get a tax rebate/refund/whatever it's called.

If you or anyone else really likes Youtube and retro videogames, I highly recommend checking out the RetroWare crew. www.retrowaretv.com http://youtube.com/user/RetrowareTV

Their website has tons of articles about retro games and their Youtube channel has an amazing ongoing series titled The Video Game Years which chronicles the creation and evolution of videogames in a highly entertaining and informative way.

Retroware's affiliates also have fantastic channels, like 8-bit Eric, AlphaOmegaSin, Peter Skerritt, Pixel Dan, Pat the NES Punk, and The Game Chasers (whose show is a reality series about them traveling the states looking for rare or uncommon videogames to collect. It's not "scripted reality", either)

The Boat Captain

I feel like every time I reply to a thread it pretty much dies...

Scott

That happens to me too :P nothing to worry about. Another AlphaOmegaSin fan! I don't watch him often, but when I do it's always a hoot.

The Boat Captain

One of the reasons I love Alpha is because he's pro-Gamergate and speaks up for us. If you really like him you should watch The Game Chasers because he guest stars in a lot of their videos, especially the later seasons. He goes game-chasing with them often.

Scott

does that happen to entail looking for rare games?

The Boat Captain

Rare and uncommon games and consoles is what they usually look for, yeah.