Alex

Games

The Boat Captain

I feel like every time I reply to a thread it pretty much dies...

Scott

That happens to me too :P nothing to worry about. Another AlphaOmegaSin fan! I don't watch him often, but when I do it's always a hoot.

The Boat Captain

One of the reasons I love Alpha is because he's pro-Gamergate and speaks up for us. If you really like him you should watch The Game Chasers because he guest stars in a lot of their videos, especially the later seasons. He goes game-chasing with them often.

Scott

does that happen to entail looking for rare games?

The Boat Captain

Rare and uncommon games and consoles is what they usually look for, yeah.

veearrell

One of the reasons I love Alpha is because he's pro-Gamergate and speaks up for us. 

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but why is that a good thing? My personal experience with that crowd has been almost completely negative because the vast majority of ones I've encountered were sexists and homophobes, and not just slightly either. The thing that started it was proven false, too, so the claim that it's about "ethics in journalism" and not trying to keep women out of the industry seems dishonest, to put it nicely.

The Boat Captain

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but why is that a good thing? My personal experience with that crowd has been almost completely negative because the vast majority of ones I've encountered were sexists and homophobes, and not just slightly either. The thing that started it was proven false, too, so the claim that it's about "ethics in journalism" and not trying to keep women out of the industry seems dishonest, to put it nicely.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up. I can't keep my mouth shut sometimes. I'd answer your question but that topic belongs in a debate thread. Again, it's my fault for bringing it up when it was irrelevant.

Dingo

I don't watch AlphaOmegaSin much either, but I did for a few days a little while ago.  I loved his videos about the Mega Man games being cancelled.  He got so pissed off  :lol:   But I think they cancelled three or four games in a row, so I understand why.  But Might No. 9 is coming out soon, which is made by one of the original people making the games.  He also got annoyed and left Capcom to make his own games :)

Edited by Raziel

veearrell

So I was wondering what Nintendo was going to do to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Pokemon next year. Then they announce THIS:

Does anyone else think this is just the coolest thing EVER?

Dingo

Has anybody played the Saints Row games?  I've never played any of them but I own 2, 3, and 4 on PC.  I've heard that they take place in the same universe as the Red Faction games, but I don't think you get to destroy buildings or anything like that in Saints Row.  Of those three Saints Row games that I have, is one particularly better than the others?  Or one that is best to start with?