Alex

Games

Alex

So, is anyone currently playing Fallout 4? Or planning on playing it? I've been playing it quite a lot since release. It's got quite a few negative reviews, but I'm really enjoying it. Haven't had this much fun in a video game for a long time!  :D

Has anybody played the Saints Row games?  I've never played any of them but I own 2, 3, and 4 on PC.  I've heard that they take place in the same universe as the Red Faction games, but I don't think you get to destroy buildings or anything like that in Saints Row.  Of those three Saints Row games that I have, is one particularly better than the others?  Or one that is best to start with?

I've never played the second game, but if I had to choose between the third and fourth, I'd definetly say that the third was more fun for me. I was never a big fan of the superpowers in the fourth one. On another note, Co-op is also quite fun in those games. Hope that helps a bit  :)

veearrell

So, is anyone currently playing Fallout 4? Or planning on playing it? I've been playing it quite a lot since release. It's got quite a few negative reviews, but I'm really enjoying it. Haven't had this much fun in a video game for a long time!  :D

Ignore the reviewers. They know nothing. So often, I'll play a "bad game" and find out that it's actually pretty good. I'm convinced the critics decide in advance which games they're going to be negative about and the whole system is bogus. Negativity generates ad revenue by all the people clicking the review so they can comment on it, so it pays off for them. Fallout 4, being a very long awaited and highly anticipated followup to a massively popular entry in the series (New Vegas in this case) makes a perfect target for the hack writers who bafflingly make a living doing this.

Primeape

Does anyone have xbox one?

veearrell

Does anyone have xbox one?

According to wikipedia, it's only sold around 3 million units worldwide (compared to the Wii U's 10 million and the PS4's 25 million) so I would say no. I guess people saw how bad the thing was and decided to spend their money elsewhere. Myself, if I had the cash to buy a new system (which, currently, I don't), I would get a 3DS for Pokemon X, Animal Crossing New Leaf, and Disney Magical World among other things.

Alex

Ignore the reviewers. They know nothing. So often, I'll play a "bad game" and find out that it's actually pretty good. I'm convinced the critics decide in advance which games they're going to be negative about and the whole system is bogus. Negativity generates ad revenue by all the people clicking the review so they can comment on it, so it pays off for them. Fallout 4, being a very long awaited and highly anticipated followup to a massively popular entry in the series (New Vegas in this case) makes a perfect target for the hack writers who bafflingly make a living doing this.

That's true. I think it can even go the other way as well, where game reviewers will get paid to do a positive review of the game, thereby getting more people to buy it. With Fallout 4 though, it looks to me like the press is writing mostly positive reviews, and it's the users that are writing the negative ones on Steam etc. Although the majority of reviews on Steam still seem to be positive... The thing is, I think people tend to focus on the negative side of things, and overlook that it's actually still a pretty good game. Even if it's not as good as the older ones in some people's opinions.

In the end, it's all a matter of taste. Some will like it, some won't.

veearrell

In the end, it's all a matter of taste. Some will like it, some won't.

Indeed. I really like Fallout 3, but somehow it's never been able to hold my interest long enough to get to the end. On the other hand, I replay New Vegas often and actually bothered to beat it. Now that I've played Neverwinter Nights and gotten used to the concept of mouse-only controls, I'm thinking about trying the first two games since I've never played them before.

Asgardian

According to wikipedia, it's only sold around 3 million units worldwide (compared to the Wii U's 10 million and the PS4's 25 million) so I would say no. 

You mean only 3 million Xbox One consoles have been sold? That can't be right.

veearrell

You mean only 3 million Xbox One consoles have been sold? That can't be right.

Full disclosure: It says three million have been sold as of January 2014 while the other two numbers are as of April and November 2015. Still, if Microsoft has stopped reporting the sales figures, that can't be good. When the Wii U was selling poorly, they stopped reporting the numbers for awhile, then started again once sales picked up.

Asgardian

Full disclosure: It says three million have been sold as of January 2014 while the other two numbers are as of April and November 2015. Still, if Microsoft has stopped reporting the sales figures, that can't be good. When the Wii U was selling poorly, they stopped reporting the numbers for awhile, then started again once sales picked up.

It does seem odd they have stopped releasing sales figures. Usually companies love to boast about such things, which as you suggest would point to the sales of the Xbox One not being very good.

Chris123

Considering wikipedia can be changed by anyone i wouldn't trust that, that and the fact that there's a lot of people that take sides with a specific console and try to put the other one down, to be honest i've played ps4 and xbox one and i would have either, i just happened to buy the xbox at the time.