Alex

Games

Luke

I second what Shibumi said.  

To find out the error code, hold the wireless sync-button and press the effect button four times (when the Xbox has RROD), and for each time a certain amount of red rings will flash. This is the error code.

The motherboard flexes due to successive heating and cooling phases, and over time hair-line cracks begin to appear in the solder-balls connecting the BGA chips (CPU/GPU/RAM...) to the motherboard.  To fix this, the BGA chips (the ones with hair-line cracks) need to be heated up to a temperature so that the solder-balls melt.  You might be able to find out exactly which BGA chip needs reflowing from the error code. 

My brother's graphics card (R9 280X) had graphical glitches and they would worsen whenever his computer was knocked slightly (this was likely due to hair-line cracks and the graphics card bending from being knocked ).  It now works perfectly after being reflowed (even when knocked slightly!) :)

This is not a certain fix, because maybe a component is just failing and remelting the solder won't do anything, but it's worth trying. 

Mom: Hey, what are you doing?

Me: Baking my Xbox 360 in your oven, hope you don't mind.

xD

Please PM me for more information if this is something you want to do.

Edited by Luke

veearrell

I don't trust myself to do it right. It's the reason I haven't baked my Virtual Boy either to fix the dimness on one side. I'm afraid I'll just make it worse. So I guess the question now is, is it worth getting another one when I can spare the cash for it (which may be several months) or should I just trade my games in and get a different system? I'd hate to do that, but if 360s are that unreliable, I don't know what else to do.

Luke

The newer Xbox 360S and Xbox 360E are much more reliable.

veearrell

How could I tell them apart? Do they have a different design or what?

Luke

Xbox 360S:

315778-500x333.jpg

Xbox 360E:

XBOX_360_35791989_35791991_35789091_3579

Here's a comparison photo:

XBOX_360_35791989_35791991_35789091_3579

The latest version is the Xbox 360E (furthest right).

Skylark
On 10/02/2016 at 5:54 AM, Raziel said:

Video games can be helpful with different health issues.  They have been found to be helpful for people with chronic pain as it gives their brains something else to focus on.  And it helps me with depression and anxiety as well  :)

This makes me feel better about playing it almost every day (mostly whilst littl'un isn't around unless I'm just building or farming). I have EDS-HT, FND, FM, GAD and CFS (as well as self- & GP- recognised but not officially assessed AS) so it is good to get my mind off  the state of my real-life 'health bar' now and then, though I'm proactive about self-help.

I just needed to fill the void where LRPing usually is... ;)

Primeape

Ive been playing Elder scrolls for xbox one i love it

has anyone else played elder scrolls? 

veearrell
13 minutes ago, DebzMata08 said:

Ive been playing Elder scrolls for xbox one i love it

has anyone else played elder scrolls? 

Do you mean Elder Scrolls Online? I haven't played that, but now that I have a computer that can run it I'm starting to play Skyrim for the first time.

Primeape

@veearrell yeah i mean elder scrolls online :) i wouldnt buy it for PC cause you have to pay per month but on xbox one/PS4 version you choose whether you want to pay per month

and cool :)

Shibumi

I don't think you need to pay on the PC anymore , think they made it free to play a while ago you just need to buy the Tamriel unlimited version of the game.

Don't know if there are any restrictions on the free to play version, I think it uses the buy in game currency for real money model instead if you want extra goodies.