Alex

Games

lifeis

Skylark, when you get bored of fallout 4 you could always mod it, its what I'm going to do. Also you might like skyrim if you like fallout (now I sound like an advert on steam, if you bought this you might also like....) ;)

Shibumi

And just to jump on the Steam advert bandwagon as well , if you haven't played the previous Fallouts (3 anf New Vegas) or any other bethesda RPGs they are on sale on Steam until around 5pm on the 12th. I picked up Fallout 3 and Oblivion game of the year editions for just over a £10. Even though I completed both of them on the 360 years ago , I consider it money well spent as they have so much replayability.

As for what else I'm playing apart from the above, well as usual I blew too much money around Xmas so there's quite a few I'm flitting between -

Rise of the Tomb Raider (and a bit of time going back to the previous one to find all the collectables)

Batman Arkham Knight

Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns.

I also saved up for a few months and treated myself to a shiny new PS4 in the Xmas sales so I'm trying to find time to fit that in as well (although it's losing out badly to the Fallout series at the moment), on that I'm trying to play -

The Last of Us Remastered

Uncharted Collection

Until Dawn

Assassin's Creed Unity

Beyond Two Souls

Shadow of Mordor

and Destiny and Warframe

(and yes I have already filled the 500GB hard drive and need to upgrade it or delete some stuff)

Skylark , yes there is a degree of escapism , for some, I guess that's how I ended up playing WoW for so many years but to me there's also the of going back to world that's familiar, comfortable and dare I say it "safe" which is why I still go back to old titles like Oblvion and others.

Dingo

The Uncharted games were great.  I lost interest in Arkham Knight and never finished it.  I got sick of all the batmobile stuff.  The part I stopped playing at was a boss battle, I think, underground.  It might have been in a mine shaft.  I love Arkham Asylum and Arkham City was great as well.  Arkham Origins was pretty forgettable. 

I keep getting obsessed with Fallout 4.  I'll be into it heavily for a few days, maybe a week, at a time, then I'll just leave it for a while and forget about it.  But then suddenly I need to play it again.  I have it on playstation though.  My computer couldn't handle it.

Yesterday I started playing Bayonetta for the first time.  It's a lot of fun and feels a lot like Devil May Cry  :)

Dingo
18 hours ago, Skylark said:

I'm not usually an avid gamer. I tend to sit and watch my husband play. However, he got Fallout4 as a present and I've really got into it (and put Minecraft aside for now). 

I'm self-diagnosed (but my GP agrees with me) and waiting to see if there are funds for proper assessment in my area.

The thing is, I've always gone through rather intense phases of being interested in certain things. I wish I could be more balanced and hold an interest over a longer period of time. I think I might be hooked on Fallout4 for a while though. In fact, since I've done useful things today and family are out at work/school, I'm going to have another bash at it very soon.

I know it is escapism (aside from recognising my Aspieness, I've been diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome just months ago). It gives my mind a break from focussing on my health so much. Hubby often says to me "You're obsessed!" Am I just hyper-focussing?

Video games can be helpful with different health issues.  They have been found to be helpful for people with chronic pain as it gives their brains something else to focus on.  And it helps me with depression and anxiety as well  :)

Tylermc

My gutiar hero gutiar stopped working for me that 

sucks :(

Tylermc

does anybody enjoy playing the game 

drake uncharted for the PS3 

i have ps4 but it's still a great 

game too play ?

Tylermc

? my guitar hero gutiar stoped working 

for me it sucks ? I have it for the wiiu 

veearrell

Does anyone here have an Xbox 360? I've had one for awhile now that my friend gave me (it wasn't reading discs and he said if I could fix it I could keep it) and up til now I haven't had any problems with it. Today though, I keep getting the dreaded RROD (three lights). It's apparently not a system-killing issue yet because if I power it down and restart, it comes right back on. But it keeps happening and I don't know why. I know that overheating is one possible cause, but feeling the venting on the back, it's no hotter than it usually gets so I don't think that's it. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? If my system dies, I don't have money to get another one so I need to keep this one working as long as possible.

Edited by veearrell

Gone away
22 minutes ago, veearrell said:

But it keeps happening and I don't know why. I know that overheating is one possible cause, but feeling the venting on the back, it's no hotter than it usually gets so I don't think that's it.

I'm no expert but I would check that the chips etc are not covered in a layer of insulating dust/fluff. I used to have some problems with a laptop which improved after blowing out with an air compressor. 

Dingo
24 minutes ago, veearrell said:

Does anyone here have an Xbox 360? I've had one for awhile now that my friend gave me (it wasn't reading discs and he said if I could fix it I could keep it) and up til now I haven't had any problems with it. Today though, I keep getting the dreaded RROD (three lights). It's apparently not a system-killing issue yet because if I power it down and restart, it comes right back on. But it keeps happening and I don't know why. I know that overheating is one possible cause, but feeling the venting on the back, it's no hotter than it usually gets so I don't think that's it. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? If my system dies, I don't have money to get another one so I need to keep this one working as long as possible.

I've had a few 360s and they are garbage.  I'm on my third system and the hard drive doesn't work.  Try detaching the hard drive and see if it works.  If it works without the hard drive, then you either need a new one or get a usb thumbstick.  I use two of those on mine 360.  It sucks, but it is cheaper than a hard drive.  There are limitations though.  I don't think you have access to cloud save files without a hard drive.