Willow

Stories for Children on the Spectrum

Kuribo [old account]

Yes. Everything seems to have that silly stick man from PECS on Boardmaker so it is good to have something different and something that actually looks nice. 

Those old pictures will always be very nostalgic to me.  :lol:

Sofi

Those old pictures will always be very nostalgic to me.  :lol:

Me too, but I actually still get given them Kuribo!! Even here, I have a "I can calm myself down" book and that stick man is on it and he is all over my schedule, it's just the same! It's a bit patronizing I would rather Sparky was on it. Or, I would rather there was visual aids designed for adults so it's not patronizing to me. 

This looks really good Willow. I think I prefer fonts 2 and 3 but cant decide which one of those two I like best!

I think another topic that would be good to cover would be going to the Doctor or Dentist. I know Megan used to get very upset at going to the doctors and would sometimes literally be hanging off of the waiting room door handle trying to get out! Also, getting Megan to take medicine when she needed to was really hard work!

Haha sounds like me about medicine.

Me too, but I actually still get given them Kuribo!! Even here, I have a "I can calm myself down" book and that stick man is on it and he is all over my schedule, it's just the same! It's a bit patronizing I would rather Sparky was on it. Or, I would rather there was visual aids designed for adults so it's not patronizing to me.

I find the social stories very patronising and sometimes they are totally wrong and teaching children things that are going to harm their emotional well being. I cannot think of a specific story at this moment but things like 'I won't be angry' is pointless becsuse it is a natural human reaction to things. I really dislike the way they are grrrr!

Sofi

I have bought the book  :autismawareness:  :Koby: 's Toy