Sign in to follow this  
TheDefended

Zero Social Life

TheDefended

Since the whole situation with my 'Friend' (story in the link). I have found myself with zero friends, and pretty much zero social life. I enjoy communicating with people and I did talk with people when this 'Friend' had made time to do so. I dropped him as a friend in result to the story because I didn't feel as though it was actually a friendship, more like an session of group forced communication. When we talked it felt more like a media share; gaming news, sport news, world news and so on. 

Sounds quite stupid, I can understand but at this moment in time, I have nobody to communicate with, nobody to discuss things we both like, nobody to set up social events (Eg; outings, gaming sessions, skype calls for random chatter and what ever proper friends do). I just sit in my gaming chair,  sometimes scrolling through facebook at late hours of the night, watching youtube videos of favourite youtubers, even sometimes playing a games.

I would like to enjoy close to daily social conversations. Not being alone to think.

Peridot

I have a few friendships of long standing but it seems like they are coming to an end. It seems to have gone sour. Just the way it sometimes goes. People come and go, so to speak, in your life. I'm sure you'll encounter new people in the future.

I personally don't have a problem with being alone for prolonged periods of time. But I can see how it can become bothersome for some. It might have been that (bothersome) for me too earlier in my life. For instance when I was in my early to mid twenties. Back then it bothered me more than it does nowadays.

Mimo

I feel frustrated by not having friends too. It's hard because I want friends to talk to and hang out with but I also need a lot of alone time. i go through times when I can hang out all the time and then i might go through a month or two when I just want to be alone. When I do find friends it's great but then they want to go out and so often it's last minute and when I start telling them no or whatever then they stop hanging out with me.

Now as an adult i don't even know how to go about finding friends. The biggest reason I want friends is so that I don't overburden my husband. I want to give him his own alone time too. He hangs out with his buddies every week and I am left home by myself. I can be difficult to deal with at times and it's not fair that he has the sole responsibility of helping me through every difficult moment or bout of depression (these are almost weekly). Besides as wonderful as he is, he doesn't totally understand all the things I face. I would love to connect with others who have disabilities similar to mine.

Before I met my husband I felt extremely alone and isolated. It's not a good feeling. I'm sorry you are having a hard time with this. The counselor who diagnosed me told me about an internet group that is divided by interests. There are groups for hiking, for biking for sewing, scrapbooking, etc. You join can join in the conversations and if you are interested you can met the other members during events. Some of the groups will meet on a monthly or weekly basis for a hike or whatever. It gives you a chance to meet others with similar interests. Unfortunately she never gave me the website so I can't give you more info than that but maybe other members here know of such groups?