Erythrura

Asperger's and autism memes

The Id

After years of fine tuning, have determined the optimal ratio of sandwich ingredients to within a tightly defined tolerance band 

Has a bad day if sandwich is manufactured incorrectly.

(deleted)

I need to make one that says: Finds something I like to eat, Eats the same thing until I'm sick of it.

I've learnt not to do that because then you just have to find something else that you like. I prefer to have a few meals that I like at the same time, and that way I haven't gotten tired of any of them yet...

RiRi

I've learnt not to do that because then you just have to find something else that you like. I prefer to have a few meals that I like at the same time, and that way I haven't gotten tired of any of them yet...

I don't do that, but like after eating the same thing from the same restaurant over and over, I just switch to something else. I'm weird with my food such as inspecting it and stuff, but I always end up eating it anyway. This is what I do: order the same thing over and over and over, get tired of it, find something else, and eat it over and over again and then I come back to the thing I first ordered. I guess it's kind of similar to what you do. :)

TheWizardofCalculus

2ns5lpc.jpg

LMAO.  That's excellent.

After years of fine tuning, have determined the optimal ratio of sandwich ingredients to within a tightly defined tolerance band 

Has a bad day if sandwich is manufactured incorrectly.

LOL

This reminded me of how I made my sandwich today.  I just realized that most people probably don't bother remembering the order in which they place ingredients or experiment with that to see how much they prefer one over the other.

Nesf

I don't do that, but like after eating the same thing from the same restaurant over and over, I just switch to something else. I'm weird with my food such as inspecting it and stuff, but I always end up eating it anyway. This is what I do: order the same thing over and over and over, get tired of it, find something else, and eat it over and over again and then I come back to the thing I first ordered. I guess it's kind of similar to what you do. :)

I inspect my food too. Another thing I do is that I have to scrape up every single morsel from my plate and leave it completely clean. I used to get teased a lot by my dad. He said things like, "you're not supposed to eat the pattern on the plate" or "just eat it, for God's sake!"

(deleted)

Yes I never used to do that but I've started doing that recently and it's quite a pain because I don't actually like those bits but I feel that I have to eat them. It's like an obsessive kind of thing actually.

(deleted)

That last one's quite cute!

waterboatman

This topic confused me completely until I came across "Andy R"'s #18 and "BirdSong"'s #27 above. These actually make sense to me, all the other images were just that, images.

I have to say I do not like the use of "memes" as a descriptive word, more closely tied to the original specification would be better, though better still not used at all. 

(deleted)

I have to say I do not like the use of "memes" as a descriptive word, more closely tied to the original specification would be better, though better still not used at all.

I also don't understand quite why these are called "memes" but they're quite funny nevertheless.