hawkasweapon

what do you think of the movie the accountant.

hawkasweapon

It appears that hollywood is makeing a movie with an aspy as the lead action hero.also from the trailer he is a mathmatical genius.what do you make of this?

Dr-David-Banner

I sort of felt I related to Lawnmower Man you might have seen. This was an autistic grass-cutter who was treated to advance from Low Autism to normality and then beyond. I liked Forest Gump too. Also I think Columbo seems to have been based on Asperger's.

AspieFox

I just saw it. Literally on bus home now, from cinema. I don't know how I feel. I was diagnosed 6 days ago. Near the end I started feeling emotional and wanted to cry even.

I definitely relate to the character but not to the extent his traits are. Not the same level of intensity of all his traits, but I have them obviously. My stimming is less and I can interact in an NT way to a greater extent.

So on a personal level I felt emotional and still do. I felt like: finally a character that portrays it and maybe NTs are going to understand a bit more, instead of thinking of Rain Main each time. However, I hope they don't think we're all unable to show emotion or variation in voice intonation.

Overall a very good film.

Myrtonos

By the way, did anyone watch any part of the movie in advance, before buying a ticket to see it?

lifeis

aspies are portrayed in movie's as far more obvious than many actually are. I feel like its the hidden aspies that blend in and are neither remarkable or always odd that are never duplicated in movies.

I don't know if I'd like this movie, I find some stuff about aspies a bit hard to watch. To be honest the closer I identify the more difficult it becomes.

Darthmoore

I came out of this movie wondering why it was even made.

It wasn't bad. It wasn't good. It was just decent.

But it never, at any point in the film, expressed a point.