TruthMusic

Found someone like me <3

TruthMusic

First post I have made here in a long time. Life has been pulling me in so many directions, but one very special change. An old friend I haven't talked to in a while (for good reason) called me up to ask him help move. Me, a complete wreck with bags under my eyes from stress agrees since I have a hard time letting people down.. A cute girl was in the passenger seat and I thought to myself "must be one his "side friends" (keeping it appropriate) Very shy girl, which attracted me to her right away because I'm shy to. AS me and my friend talked in the garage while moving stuff he said that she's very loyal. Big words to hear for me since I have been hurt over and over again. Being single for 3 years I was nervous as hell.. I used one of my best traits to try and make an attempt to communicate with her. Being a dork and using my humor. She didn't laugh very much. When things were finishing up with moving she was outside and I asked her if she was from the same town I live in, since I know most people around here. She said, yes, I didn't have a follow up so I just said cool and smiled >_< .. A few more pointless things and finally asked if she would like to casually just hang out with me and some friends that night for a get together. She tried to act like she was thinking about it and replied with a loud sure! Smiling in excitement. I didn't think she was going to meet me that night and I can't believe she drove all the way back just to see me! The night went great and we spent time laughing, joking and sharing things about each other playing some video games.

The next day I waited without talking to her, I didn't want to come off desperate. After a few more hours I couldn't help it and sent her a message inviting her to my friends cookout. nervous as hell with 2 hours of sleep. She was excited and went with. Just as happy and nervous as I was! It was a slow miserable day, her looking amazing, me.. like a zombie. She didn't mind ^-^

Fast forward: We hung out everyday after that. And started officially dating on June 13th. About a week and a half after meeting. Here is the crazy part. after getting to know her more. I noticed she was really awkward just like me, laughed different than any girl, had trouble getting her words out and had a "learning disability" (hate that term) in school. I did to. She became flustered easily by quick information. She can't eat in front of people or focus on talking on the phone around others. The sweetest girl I have ever met.. And I am MORE than convinced she falls into the Asperger's side of life like me.

Edited by TruthMusic
Oops.
  • Helpful 2

TruthMusic

EDITED: 

First post I have made here in a long time. Life has been pulling me in so many directions, but one very special change. An old friend I haven't talked to in a while (for good reason) called me up to ask him help move. Me, a complete wreck with bags under my eyes from stress agrees since I have a hard time letting people down.. A cute girl was in the passenger seat and I thought to myself "must be one his "side friends" (keeping it appropriate) Very shy girl, which attracted me to her right away because I'm shy to. AS me and my friend talked in the garage while moving stuff he said that she's very loyal. Big words to hear for me since I have been hurt over and over again. Being single for 3 years I was nervous as hell.. I used one of my best traits to try and make an attempt to communicate with her. Being a dork and using my humor. She didn't laugh very much. When things were finishing up with moving she was outside and I asked her if she was from the same town I live in, since I know most people around here. She said, yes, I didn't have a follow up so I just said cool and smiled >_< .. A few more pointless things and finally asked if she would like to casually just hang out with me and some friends that night for a get together. She tried to act like she was thinking about it and replied with a loud sure! Smiling in excitement. I didn't think she was going to meet me that night and I can't believe she drove all the way back just to see me! The night went great and we spent time laughing, joking and sharing things about each other playing some video games.

The next day I waited without talking to her, I didn't want to come off desperate. After a few more hours I couldn't help it and sent her a message inviting her to my friends cookout. nervous as hell with 2 hours of sleep. She was excited and went with. Just as happy and nervous as I was! It was a slow miserable day, her looking amazing, me.. like a zombie. She didn't mind ^-^

Fast forward: We hung out everyday after that. And started officially dating on June 13th. About a week and a half after meeting. Here is the crazy part. after getting to know her more. I noticed she was really awkward just like me, laughed different than any girl, had trouble getting her words out and had a "learning disability" (hate that term) in school. I did to. She became flustered easily by quick information. She can't eat in front of people or focus on talking on the phone around others. The sweetest girl I have ever met.. And I am MORE than convinced she falls into the Asperger's side of life like me. The anxiety, certain noises can really upset her like the crumpling of a napkin- That's what really made me smile because I knew :) Very random.

I dont know how this could of happened, maybe all that wishing for love, or the four-leaf clover I rubbed at my friends house.. But I am extremely lucky. I have 0 luck in life, I try but feel I remain a loser. Be kind in this world and the universe will return. They say your thought can create your reality and I thought about love everyday. Could be! 

My advice to those in the community struggling and hoping for that one special person to come along. Don't give up and don't look for love. Try and go out where you are not comfortable, in real life. It increases the chances of you getting out there! Don't settle for nothing but the best! If you do fall for someone that is like you know that it can be difficult. OCD, sounds that trigger me ect.. I can be wound up sometimes, she is very chill. I also have to help and teach her many things, and even remind her stuff everyday but it's ok. I'm strong where she is weak, and she's strong where I'm weak. So there is much balance. So what's it like for 2 people with Asperger's to be together? AWESOME!!! I recommend that's what some of you keep holding on for. There is so much understating no matter how hard days can get :)

• Helpful 3

Harrow

I just read your post. And absolutely beautiful :). Also congratulations on finding the perfect girl, she sounds amazing. Hopefully one day too I can meet one as well :lol:

• Helpful 2

TruthMusic

Thanks! The hardest part is the worrying. Worrying your going to lose that person, or them getting hurt. Especially with a panic disorder lol. You will, believe me, I was in the most impossible dating situation ever. Barely left the house, still living with my dad (were working on getting our own house) No car.. I laughed about relationships before this. I thought it was impossible for me. Just don't let it slip away, even if you look and feel like a complete dork. Go for it it can be life changing.

• Helpful 1

Harrow

Wise words :)

But I'm in no hurry, I've dated and been in love in the past. But I'm now at the point in my life where I feel like I love and that's enough for more. 

I still feel I have a long way to go before I want to be loved back. In essence I don't feel like I'm whole yet, I still want to find who I am. Before I have the ability to love someone back and then be able to treat them with all the love and caring they'll undoubtedly wholeheartedly deserve. 

If that makes sense 

But in anycase your story and experiance is inspirational, thanks for sharing 

• Helpful 1

Heather

Aww, that is very good to hear that you met someone who you share the understanding of your struggles.  I wish nothing but the best for you and your lady and hope you have many many years of more happiness together!! :) 

• Helpful 2