Sign in to follow this  
Harrow

Relationship advice

Harrow

I need some advice. 

There's this girl who I've know for a fairly long time now and I really do care about her. But like a sister we talk a lot and we text a lot but for me that's it. She's someone I care about deeply but I don't want a relationship further then that. 

Well this morning she asked me if I thought about her more then that and told me she's really going miss me when I go to Dubai. 

I panicked and not known what to say I told her I'm out and my battery was going die and asked if we could talk tonight. We'll now it's tonight and I don't know what to say? 

Or am I thinking to far into this, I just don't know? 

• Helpful 1

Harrow

Thank you @Eliza I'm going to, I just feel like tonight I won't be able to give her my full intention and I want to be as nice and kind as she deserves when I speak to her. So I'm going wait until morning then phone her. I just hate situations like this because I always feel like a disappointment. But she is special to me, so I'll do do my best.

• Helpful 2

Eliza
5 minutes ago, Harrow said:

But she is special to me, so I'll do do my best.

Tell her that! Something like, "I value your friendship, you're special to me, but I don't want a romantic relationship right now."

Even if you kind'a sort'a want a relationship when you move/visit Dubai, she doesn't need to know that information. It might hurt her to think about that possibility. So, it's not a lie, it's a 'massaging of the truth'. :D

• Helpful 2

blacktiger911

being honest is the best action to take, if you guys really care for eachother a long distance relationship is possible.

• Helpful 2

Harrow

Everyone thank you for the advice :)it means a lot to me