2takuya

Diagnostic

2takuya

I have officially gotten my diagnostic papers as of today! I'm not really sure what to do from here on out, it feels like I've got a large battle ahead of me. My psychologist thinks that I should try to get social security disability, so I will have to figure out how to go through that process. It just seems like now that I've gotten over one hurdle a bunch more have suddenly shown up. I suppose I'll find a way to push through it.

• Helpful 5

blacktiger911

dont let this stop you from what you want to do. this is just a peice of paper saying you different from other people. you can still do what you want. what hurtles do you have to over come?

• Helpful 2

Eliza

Congratulations on getting an official diagnosis!

If you are able to, take a day or two to let it soak in, and to recharge yourself. In the past, I spent a year on what I called a part-time job, fixing the things in my life that I could. I had a two-page list that included everything from 'get my teeth fixed' to 'find a social worker to help me fill out papers'. (She was able to push past obstacles I could have never done on my own) I accomplished 98% of those things on my list, and it eliminated so much stress from my life.It felt like a lot of work at the time, but it was so worth the effort. :)

• Helpful 1

RiRi

Congratulations on getting assessed and diagnosed. :) 

• Helpful 1