Mimo

Restless

Mimo

Lately I've been feeling restless/edgy/agitated. I don't really know how to explain it, but it's like my entire body both physical and emotional is stirred up and on edge. Is this an Aspie thing? I have know idea whats going on and it's really driving me nuts. There is a lot going on in my life as I have stated on other posts, but nothing that is immediately urgent or sever enough to be causing this. I have felt this way for 3-4 weeks now.

Eliza
21 minutes ago, Mimo said:

Lately I've been feeling restless/edgy/agitated

Yes, I feel this way, and it's been going on for a while. This is what I mean when I say, "The big goal is to feel comfortable in my own skin." I'm finding, time and time again, it is related to my thoughts. My self-talk leans towards perfectionism and plain old being harsh with myself. It's like I can accept everyone else's human flaws, but when it comes to my own I can be downright mean to myself.

Many of us also have OCD. My OCD is tied in with scrupulosity; a fear of  having broken some moral law. I obsess about stupid things: "should I have not watched that TV show? or, why did I say that to so-and-so? I should have stayed quiet". Now that I know this, I am working towards 'cutting myself some slack'. I need to stop worrying so much and learn to trust my personal God, and myself. I know it is a process, so I'm learning to be patient with myself.

I hope something I've shared rings true for you. If not, I hope someone shares their personal insight to help you. Everyone has a right to feel comfortable in their own skin. :)

J V 16

I feel this too. I try to exercise when i feel like this and then usually I feel better.

Paul
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:18 AM, Eliza said:

My self-talk leans towards perfectionism

I think this is what Dr. Amen is referring to what he calls ANTS. Automatic Negative Thoughts

Eliza
32 minutes ago, Paul said:

I think this is what Dr. Amen is referring to what he calls ANTS. Automatic Negative Thoughts

I will have to check out Dr. Amen on the internet because that is exactly what is is. I have been struggling all day with unwanted, negative thoughts. It's amazing how it affects one's mood. Lately, I have been able to push through them, but today has been a challenge. :unsure: Overly sensitive, easily hurt junk. Logically I know it's not real, but once the heart strings start playing along it's hard to stop.

Eliza
2 hours ago, Paul said:

http://www.amenclinics.com/conditions/autism-spectrum-disorders/

He has been doing good PBS specials for the past ten years or so. I have brain type 8 according to his free test.

I have a brain type 8 too! I hope other people on this site check it out. It would be fun to see how many of us are 'eights'.

Doing the short quiz distracted me, then I went off to read some blogs that inspire me. I think (I am going through emotional growing pains, lol.) I feel tons better.

Thanks for sharing the link.:) .

Mimo

I experience many of those things too, Eliza. Perfectionism/fear of failure has prevented me from doing things i loved and often keeps me from reaching my potential. I'm so concerned about doing the right thing, the right way, etc etc. 

But this agitation is different than that. Maybe it's just the stress of the season I'm in. My life is pretty drastically different than it used to be and although I love my job the work, hours and expectations are not consistent. But I'm not sure that's really the issue here either. I don't know, maybe I'm just making too much of it all.

Maybe you are right Eliza, maybe with my somewhat recent Asperger's diagnosis I'm still trying to define who I am and all that.

Paul
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:57 AM, Mimo said:

nothing that is immediately urgent

Maybe it is the combined effect of all of your juggling?

Gone away
2 hours ago, Mimo said:

fear of failure has prevented me from doing things

For me fear of success has prevented me doing things. From a conscience point of view once I get too good to keep it private I tend to stop. I think maybe its to avoid the social contact and attention. Its happened a few times but I think I'm probably too old and too tied up with work and life for it to happen again