Smithy The Wizard

Pokemon

Smithy The Wizard

Don't you just love it when a Pokemon has an unusually high stat? :)

King_oni

Interesting to note pretty much everyone is talking about the DS game and not the card game, heh.

Granted that "we" might be a socially awkward bunch and don't hang out with people as much as anyone else it still makes me wonder; anyone actually into the cardgame, for the games sake?

*raises hand*

I've been into cardgames for half my life or so, and even though I like to play Magic: the gathering more (and actually play that more), I do have a few Pokemon decks around for some casual play. However the only time they see play is either when my girlfriend is over or that random time when my friend wants to hang out and play some cards. If there actually was a store around that offered gaming space I'd hang out, and presumably be more social, more there. Well, there was... and I was there "a lot". But those kind of places are slowly dying out, which to some extent might be a bad thing... if not terrible thing for people like us to meet up with people that actually appeal to our interest.

Oh well...

Still not really sure what Pokemon I like most.  I always thought Voltorb was funny. As well as Ghastly and all evolutions of him. Mr. Mime... not really sure what to make of him. In gaming terms I found Kyogre to be ridiculous, especially the EX version. If I were more serious into the cardgame (and as such more financially involved with it) I might consider that a sound investment for a playset; but at about 10 bucks a pop... no thanks. Besides; I don't know how "casual" said card is... I just remember it being no fun when my friend weird enough managed to slam down a Kyogre every... single... game... (and he only had one copy  :rolleyes:)

Willow

Interesting to note pretty much everyone is talking about the DS game and not the card game, heh.

Granted that "we" might be a socially awkward bunch and don't hang out with people as much as anyone else it still makes me wonder; anyone actually into the cardgame, for the games sake?

*raises hand*

I've been into cardgames for half my life or so, and even though I like to play Magic: the gathering more (and actually play that more), I do have a few Pokemon decks around for some casual play. However the only time they see play is either when my girlfriend is over or that random time when my friend wants to hang out and play some cards. If there actually was a store around that offered gaming space I'd hang out, and presumably be more social, more there. Well, there was... and I was there "a lot". But those kind of places are slowly dying out, which to some extent might be a bad thing... if not terrible thing for people like us to meet up with people that actually appeal to our interest.

Oh well...

Still not really sure what Pokemon I like most.  I always thought Voltorb was funny. As well as Ghastly and all evolutions of him. Mr. Mime... not really sure what to make of him. In gaming terms I found Kyogre to be ridiculous, especially the EX version. If I were more serious into the cardgame (and as such more financially involved with it) I might consider that a sound investment for a playset; but at about 10 bucks a pop... no thanks. Besides; I don't know how "casual" said card is... I just remember it being no fun when my friend weird enough managed to slam down a Kyogre every... single... game... (and he only had one copy  :rolleyes:)

I collected the cards but I didn't have anyone to play with and didn't really understand it. As usual my obsession was with something common, but in an uncommon way :)

I never played any gameboy or any other console Pokemon games.

Sofi

I've never played the Pokemon card game before, I just played the Gameboy and DS games. I think I tried to learn to play the card game once but I never understood it, nor had anyone to play with either, and I much preferred the video games. 

Mr Mime is just annoying! 

Smithy The Wizard

I think Mr. Mime is a bit of a weird pokemon. I used to collect the cards but that obsession died out and some were given to my brother Ian (the others were probably sold at a yard sale). I never understood the card game anyways.

King_oni

I collected the cards but I didn't have anyone to play with and didn't really understand it. As usual my obsession was with something common, but in an uncommon way :)

I never played any gameboy or any other console Pokemon games.

Heh..weirdly enough I always end up with people in relationships that actually play or would like to play card games. At some point I'll have decks around even for the ones that aren't into it, lol

Smithy The Wizard

Ok about the Darkrai looking like slenderman thing, the picture was too fuzzy/hard to see. But just get a picture of Darkrai (with legs) in another tab and compare.

White head = Faceless white head

Red growth = Tie

Black torso = Suit

Smoky shoulders = Tentacles

Long legs = Long slender legs

The resemblance is uncanny.

Bri

I've watched the original season up to the most recent and I've played a handful of the games lol :lol:

Colin

How do you get pikachu on the bus?

Poke him on ha ha ha