collectingrocks

Help needed

collectingrocks
On 11/27/2016 at 11:02 PM, Eli said:

Also, just to add one more thought that occurs to me, what if you have a panic-attack? What if you fail the course? Why are you having to do this? Why is the situation so rigid? This exam they're putting you through for work, it sounds as though it is specifically designed to see how you respond in this kind of scenario. Is this job going to require that of you frequently, and if so, is this the right job for you? 

Hi, thank you for your kind and thoughtful words. I think know I will have a panic attack as I've been there before (but in a milder scenario). I want to do something different in my job rather than the run-of-the-mill stuff I've been doing for 20 odd years and in order to "qualify", I have to jump through the hoops and get the certificate. No, it's not designed to see how I respond, these courses are run every year around the world for people in my profession. But "unofficial" training is not enough. And it's far, far to late for me to change jobs now. The subject I will be studying fascinates me - it's just the having to get on with others I don't know and the role play I'm stressing about. But I've got plenty of time to prepare - this will also help me. 

Gone away

@collectingrocks I've always been the one to focus on content and interact with the tutor regarding insights and queries, but mostly disappear at break time or stand with smokers when I used to. Try not to think about the other course attendees. Its the content thats important

Edited by Going home

collectingrocks

@Goinghome I have to think about the other course attendees as they are the ones I'll be role playing with

Gone away

@collectingrocks Just focus on whats under your nose! They are not under your nose...yet! :) (not meaning to be too facetious)

The minds a funny thing - Whenever you find yourself worrying about it imagine you are role playing with teddy bears or suchlike.

You need to create associations that are not scary

Edited by Going home

collectingrocks

I hear you but teddy bears don't judge or give criticism 

Gone away
2 hours ago, collectingrocks said:

I hear you but teddy bears don't judge or give criticism 

Exactly!