Nik H

Wanna be friends?

Nik H

Hi everyone,

I'm sort of nervous using this forum for the first time, besides I find a lot of social media stuff a bit daunting.
My name is Nicholas.
I am going to be honest, I am sort of lonely. I don't think I'm obscenely uninteresting or too annoying, but I am not very good at socializing. I don't really have a lot of "full friends", more just "semi-friends" that I sort of small talk with. I decided that this website would probably be the best place where I can "attempt" to socialize. I feel like I should give a description of myself if anyone wants to know about me:

I am an 18 year old male, gay, currently attending college.
I would say that I am very left-wing; very friendly with anarchists, Marxists, and the likes.
Subjects I enjoy include are computer science, math, physics, philosophy (nihilism is one of my favs), and linguistics.
I am not particularly athletic-- I don't really care for most competitive team sports. I prefer more recreational sports like biking and hiking. I also do kickboxing.
I love to draw, watch horror movies (I love scary stuff), and I faun all over adorable animals.

I'm sorry, I am looking over this and I know that I must look sort of pathetic.
If thinks I am worth talking too, thank you.

Miss Chief

Hi @Nik H, welcome to the community :) we have a lot of common interest and I am sure you will fit right in here :)

What are you studying?

Nik H

@Miss ChiefThank you^_^.
I'm currently taking a Mandarin course, and business English (didn't want to be in it, but it's basically a prerequisite for everything). I was taking calculus but I am not very good at getting homework done, so I had to drop that until next September:(. Luckily autistic spectrum disorders qualify under disability and I can get away with a student loan with two courses :D.

@Miss ChiefI'm sorry if I was rambling, I tend to do that a lot.

Harrow

Hi @Nik HWelcome to the forum :)

I hope you feel comfortable here once you've gotten to know everyone. And don't worry you don't sound pathetic at all. You actually seem really interesting :)and I'm sure you'll be able to make a few friends as well

Heather

Hi @Nik H, I am glad you found Asperclick, I hope you like it here.  It's always nice to see another Canadian on here as well, so hiya!  And see you around the forum! :)