Myrtonos

V.I.P membership

Myrtonos

I've mentioned this before, and it's not clear whether others would like to be V.I.P members if it were introduced.

This would be a paid membership where those who pay actually get something in return instead of just donating. In this case, it would be:

* Being able to edit posts for longer after creating them.

* Upload larger file size avatars.

* Being able to start conversations with more people than non-V.I.P members.

* Access to a V.I.P lounge.

And maybe more.

Here's an idea; Those who currently have the Koby's friend status, having donated, would have the option of upgrading for free or being given a free trial.

blacktiger911

And how would one obtain this membership?

Myrtonos

I don't know what to say, but there would be some way if there were V.I.P membership here.  Is anyone here familiar with V.I.P membership elsewhere?

Peridot

R. I. P. <-- Rediculously important person

StarlessEclipse

I see no problem with introducing something like this if it would help keep Asperclick afloat financially. It would be infinitely preferable to a paid-members-only system.

Myrtonos

You can't have a paid members only system here because financial hardship is too common among those at which this site is aimed. Many on the autism spectrum, especially the ones that get diagnosed, don't have (full time) jobs and are on support payments. But a one time fee per account might be preferable on a site where a lot more contributers do have a lot more income of their own.

Myrtonos

Okay I have some questions:

*I know I can only edit my posts a short time after submitting them, but I'm not quite sure how long that is.

*What is the maximum avatar file size one can upload?

*Is there a maximum number of people with which one can start a P.M conversation? If so, what is it?

There is a Koby's club on this site, and while I don't have the Koby's friend status, I can still access it.

RiRi

This sounds like a great idea. I would like to upgrade as a Koby's Friend member. 

blacktiger911
On 1/6/2017 at 8:47 AM, StarlessEclipse said:

I see no problem with introducing something like this if it would help keep Asperclick afloat financially. It would be infinitely preferable to a paid-members-only system.

i was giving $40 a month until there were ads put in. it dosent need and financial support anymore.

collectingrocks

I belong to other (non-Aspie) forums where moderators play an active role and keep the momentum going. I'm not sure whether Asperclick has lost its way and wondered if its worth repatriating the forum's purpose and values. Does Willow come on any more? @Willow

And who would decide qualification for VIP status? In a sense, aren't we all VIPs?