Nesf

Breast Cancer

Harrow

Hi, I know we've never personally spoken on this forum. But even so I've always found your posts and insights really valuable and encouraging to me. And as such I want to show you my  support during this time. I hope you get through this :)and have all the support you deserve. 

Nesf
1 hour ago, Harrow said:

Hi, I know we've never personally spoken on this forum. But even so I've always found your posts and insights really valuable and encouraging to me. And as such I want to show you my  support during this time. I hope you get through this :)and have all the support you deserve. 

Thank you :)

Primeape

Sorry to hear Nesf, everyone here is supporting including me 

i hope you get through it 

Pinky and his brain

@Nesf Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I hope you recover quickly.

I haven't had cancer myself, but my dad had cancer. So I know that chemotherapy can be nasty. But if your cancer hasn't spread, it's very likely that you only need one of the "mild" forms of chemotherapy. There are multiple types around. Some can be very harsh, and others don't really cause much discomfort. Not all of them make you lose your hair and change hair colour after it grows back. Some of them don't cause any visible signs, others unfortunately do.

But the most important thing is, that it was discovered in it's early state. That increases your chances of full recovery a lot.

I wish you the very best. :)

Nesf

@Pinky and his brain Unfortunately the drug they are giving me, Taxere, is one of the nasty ones, but I only need 4 rounds of treatment.

Pinky and his brain
10 minutes ago, Nesf said:

@Pinky and his brain Unfortunately the drug they are giving me, Taxere, is one of the nasty ones, but I only need 4 rounds of treatment.

Well in that case, expect to be feeling sick 3 to 4 days every time you get it. It does unfortunately knock you out pretty badly. I remember my dad had to stay in bed for at least 4 days, every time he got his treatment. I think he got 2 times 8 treatments, with about 6 month pause in between. I don't remember the name of the stuff he got, but it had to be injected directly into the blood stream. Some forms of chemotherapy come in pill form, but the stuff he got was a liquid.

Nesf
3 minutes ago, Pinky and his brain said:

Well in that case, expect to be feeling sick 3 to 4 days every time you get it. It does unfortunately knock you out pretty badly. I remember my dad had to stay in bed for at least 4 days, every time he got his treatment. I think he got 2 times 8 treatments, with about 6 month pause in between. I don't remember the name of the stuff he got, but it had to be injected directly into the blood stream. Some forms of chemotherapy come in pill form, but the stuff he got was a liquid.

The ones I'm getting are administered intravenously, and every 21 days. I've been prescribed some medication to manage the nausea and vomiting, I hope it works!

Sofi

Hi Nesf, I'm really sorry to hear about your illness but glad your prognosis is good and you're likely to make a full recovery and hopefully be back to your normal self soon! I don't have much experience of this but I know about some of the side effects but it sounds like you have good doctors who will look after you well and help manage negative side effects. Your Asperclick family will be here to support you too, let us know how you are. I'm sending you lots of love and positive thoughts. Thinking of you x 

collectingrocks

Hi Nesf, sorry to hear the bad news, my receptionist has just had a major scare due to strong family history, treatments are so much better these days so good they've caught it early so not all doom and gloom. Try and keep positive and think of "now" rather than worry about what might happen. Sending you a virtual hug ((((((((((hug))))))))))))))) :) 

aspiesw
On 5 February 2017 at 5:39 PM, Nesf said:

I haven't been around here for a couple of months, because I was diagnosed with breast cancer, and have been struggling to cope. I have gone through hell with the anxiety, medical examinations and scans, hospital visits and a stay in hospital for surgery, and the general upheaval and disruption it has caused in my life. In two days time I have to have chemotherapy, and I'm extremely anxious about the drugs, especially Taxere, and their side effects.

I was wondering if anyone else has been through anything similar?

Oh no! :(, I'm so sorry to hear that @Nesf :(. Please keep us updated, we all hope you'll be ok, if you ever need to chat, just IM me