Nesf

Breast Cancer

Nesf

Thank you to everyone who posted in this thread, you are all being very supportive and it helps! Tomorrow I go for treatment, I hope that it won't be as bad as I think it's going to be and I'll still be up and about and 'functioning'.

Ben

We've been friends a long time Nesf, ever since ASD UK Forums. And you've always been there for me, and you know I'm there for you. 

You have my Email right? If not, drop me a PM anytime and keep me posted. 

Nesf

Well, I had my first session of chemotherapy, and the first couple of days weren't too bad, yesterday, however, I felt really sick and just wanted to sleep all day. Today is better, but still feel sleepy. I'm trying to keep myself occupied to keep myself distracted from it. I hope that these side effects will start to fade and go away soon, I don't know how I'm going to cope if I'm like this all the time.

Today I went to the supermarket to do shopping. I don't normally have a huge issue with lighting in this supermarket, but today it felt really too bright, and I started to get kind of disorientated or unfocused, like my brain fogged up and I became slower. I also felt really tired. Then, when I got home, it passed.

Gone away

@Nesf I guess all you can do is have faith the weird feelings will eventually pass and tackle one day at a time. Its going to be an odd few months.

Hopefully when summer comes it will all be mostly memory -

Sofi

I'm glad to hear from you, I've been thinking about how you were getting on. Hopefully the side effects won't get any worse. Don't try to do too much when you are feeling sick/sleepy though, remember to rest when your body tells you to. x

Nesf
1 hour ago, Sofi said:

I'm glad to hear from you, I've been thinking about how you were getting on. Hopefully the side effects won't get any worse. Don't try to do too much when you are feeling sick/sleepy though, remember to rest when your body tells you to. x

Thank you, that's good advice. I'm feeling better today, I think that I'm recovering.

Nesf

My hair has fallen out, I'm almost bald :( It really freaked me out when I first looked in the mirror, but now I'm getting used to it. I wear a cap to cover up my head when go out.

My biggest problem is that my scalp is extremely sensitive and hurts when I touch it :(

Gone away

Its interesting how we and others view a person when they look different.

I suppose it might be oddly liberating once used to no hair.

Hopefully your scalp will quickly desensitise once it gets used to not having the hair.

I often idly wonder how I would perceive people with a different hair style.

Looking at photos of people I knew (men with long hair) in the 70s, compared to how they are now is interesting

HalfFull

Sorry you've been going through all this Nesf. I hope you're able to stay strong and get through it.