Nesf

Breast Cancer

TheWizardofCalculus
On 9/17/2017 at 3:21 AM, Nesf said:

@collectingrocks @Asgardian Thank you. I just had a CT scan last week and I had a scare because it showed some dense areas of tissue in my lungs, but then my doctor told me that it is almost 100% certain that it is due to the radiotherapy and nothing to worry about. I'm now considered cancer free - I won't say cured because there is still a very small chance that one or two cancer cells might have survived through the treatment, but I'm now NED, "no evidence of disease" as it is officially termed. My hair has now grown back, and curly instead of straight!

If anyone else on the forum ever finds themselves in the same situation and would like advice or support or to talk, feel free to add to this thread, or to PM me.

I'm really glad to hear this!

collectingrocks

@Nesf I'm active on the forum again now after a long break and I remembered you were going through treatment. How are you these days?

Nesf
11 hours ago, collectingrocks said:

@Nesf I'm active on the forum again now after a long break and I remembered you were going through treatment. How are you these days?

Thank you for asking. I have been 'cancer free' or in remission/no evidence of disease since the surgery and treatment, with a good prognosis and life expectancy. There are a good few years left in me yet :)

Laurie

I'm sorry Nesf. I will keep you in my prayers!! Cancer is a tough thing. I personally have been lucky so far and haven't dealt with anything like that. But I know a few people who have had a parent that passed away from breast cancer. 

Nesf

Update: two years on from surgery and I'm still cancer free :)

RiRi

I'm happy you are cancer free and it's great to have you back on the forum. :)Do you have to get tested every year to see if you're cancer free? 

@Nesf

Willow
12 hours ago, Nesf said:

Update: two years on from surgery and I'm still cancer free :)

This is great news! So happy to hear :)

Nesf
On 1/13/2019 at 10:29 PM, RiRi said:

I'm happy you are cancer free and it's great to have you back on the forum. :)Do you have to get tested every year to see if you're cancer free? 

@Nesf

Thanks :)  I'll check in here more regularly now. I have to have scans and tests about every 6 months now.

Edited by Nesf

StormCrow

Just got back on the forum and read this thread. 

Yikes, and then yippy for no cancer. 

I know a Qigong set than apparently keeps cancer down/away. The person that made it popular got ride of it three times when it came back.