Sign in to follow this  
Eliza

Rejection and/or Exclusion

Eliza
1 hour ago, Harrow said:

But I hated him because he wasn't a father and couldn't be a father, he struggled with life and dealing with things and had many, many breakdowns all the time.

Thank you for this! I try to see things from their perspective, and it's hard for me to understand, but this makes sense. Your father and I have a lot in common. :)

And thank you too, Harrow, for your kind words.

Asgardian
3 hours ago, Eliza said:

Thank you for this! I try to see things from their perspective, and it's hard for me to understand, but this makes sense. 

The thing is, they also need to try and see things from your perspective. It isn't right if only you put in the effort.

RiRi

@Eliza I'm sorry that your children haven't tried to understand you. It looks like @Harrow and his siblings have tried to understand why their father was the way he was growing up. Same with me and my siblings. 

I can relate to @Harrow's post because my older sibling was the one who took on the role of the mother for the rest of her siblings. She was more of a mother to me than was my mom growing up. However so, I have tried to understand my mom. She has slowly, but surely tried to change and tried to be there for us with whatever she could. I guess just know that you are doing the right thing. Unfortunate that they're not. Hopefully someday they realize, if not then it would be sad. 

Eliza
11 minutes ago, Live&LetLive said:

She was more of a mother to me than was my mom growing up.

Very interesting, this is how it was for me during my early childhood.  I ended up distancing myself from my mother--something I will always regret. Too late now....

On the flip-side, my sister and I are still very close. :)

Eliza
38 minutes ago, Worthless said:

The thing is, they also need to try and see things from your perspective. It isn't right if only you put in the effort.

I wish this would happen. They are too young to put in the effort and, I hate to say it, but a tad hard-hearted. They walked away when I started to get my life together which really confuses me.

RiRi
1 minute ago, Eliza said:

I wish this would happen. They are too young to put in the effort and, I hate to say it, but a tad hard-hearted. They walked away when I started to get my life together which really confuses me.

How old are they?

Asgardian
5 minutes ago, Eliza said:

That is messed up. Just when you needed them most they walked away? I think they need to take a long, hard look in the mirror. It seems like they are treating you like a burden, but what they don't realise is how incredibly selfish they are being. 

Eliza
49 minutes ago, Live&LetLive said:

How old are they?

Between 21 and 31.

RiRi
57 minutes ago, Worthless said:

That is messed up. Just when you needed them most they walked away? I think they need to take a long, hard look in the mirror. It seems like they are treating you like a burden, but what they don't realise is how incredibly selfish they are being. 

@Worthless If I understood rightly, though, I might be wrong, I think she meant that they walked away when she was getting better. So it's what's most mind boggling. That they leave when she was getting better. 

@Eliza is that what you meant? 

Eliza
3 hours ago, Live&LetLive said:

@Worthless If I understood rightly, though, I might be wrong, I think she meant that they walked away when she was getting better. So it's what's most mind boggling. That they leave when she was getting better. 

@Eliza is that what you meant? 

Yes, that's what I meant. And it only adds to my confusion.