DavidTheWitch

When NTs start their bullshit what you do?

DavidTheWitch

So I told an NT that I eat lunch early and instead of lettting me eat lunch early she tried to tell me I don't.... I do this every day!

aspieguy

If by "bullshit" you mean "trying to look like they're cleverer than you", I ignore them and/or shout at them. If by "bullshit" you mean "trying to make conversation", I ignore them.

Peridot
1 hour ago, DavidTheWitch said:

So I told an NT that I eat lunch early and instead of lettting me eat lunch early she tried to tell me I don't.... I do this every day!

So are you saying that the attitude you think she showed is typical of anyone who isn't on the spectrum? :unsure:

Edited by Peridot

Eliza
1 hour ago, DavidTheWitch said:

I do this every day!

Sounds like (in her mind) she knows you better than you know yourself. I would probably try to make a joke out of that idea, or just ignore her.

DavidTheWitch
2 minutes ago, Peridot said:

So are you saying that the attitude you think she showed is typical of anyone who isn't on the spectrum? :unsure:

I have noticed they do this a lot to me.... Not all of them but enough of them?

3 minutes ago, Eliza said:

Sounds like (in her mind) she knows you better than you know yourself. I would probably try to make a joke out of that idea, or just ignore her.

They assume I am lying about everything for some reason!

Gone away
2 hours ago, DavidTheWitch said:

I have noticed they do this a lot to me.... Not all of them but enough of them?

You live in a group home.

Do you have care plan or stuff documented about your typical routines, risk assessments and more importantly preferences?

If you do maybe you could write out your own version and see if they will support you that way as much as possible?

Also, if you feel they are not treating you right, you could look up advocay services. Having an advocate may help you get your points across to them in a digestible way...

I would not like to live in a group home, but while you are there. you need to find a way of making it work for you in some way

Edited by Going home

aspieguy
2 hours ago, DavidTheWitch said:

My experience is that NTs "pretend" that they think you're lying, but they don't actually mean to imply that they think you're lying. It's important to realise this, because while it is nevertheless a stupid behaviour it's important to realise that they are not accusing you of lying; it's just their way of responding to things.

Eliza
4 hours ago, DavidTheWitch said:

1 hour ago, aspieguy said:

My experience is that NTs "pretend" that they think you're lying, but they don't actually mean to imply that they think you're lying. It's important to realise this, because while it is nevertheless a stupid behaviour it's important to realise that they are not accusing you of lying; it's just their way of responding to things.

Good point, it's hard sometimes (for me anyway) to know when someone is kidding around vs. being mean. I also notice NTs don't always understand when I'm trying to be funny. Bottom line: let them think whatever they want. You know who you are.

Besides, it's hard for most of us aspies to lie in the first place. They may just be ignorant. 

Nesf
16 hours ago, DavidTheWitch said:

I really don't get this... why would a person assume that you are lying without there being any evidence for it?

DavidTheWitch
On 2/16/2017 at 2:35 PM, Going home said:

You live in a group home.

Do you have care plan or stuff documented about your typical routines, risk assessments and more importantly preferences?

If you do maybe you could write out your own version and see if they will support you that way as much as possible?

Also, if you feel they are not treating you right, you could look up advocay services. Having an advocate may help you get your points across to them in a digestible way...

I would not like to live in a group home, but while you are there. you need to find a way of making it work for you in some way

Do you know of any in Florida or Miami.The fact is to the other guys she wasn't joking. She actually decided I was lying for no reason?