DavidTheWitch

When NTs start their bullshit what you do?

Gone away
2 hours ago, DavidTheWitch said:

Do you know of any in Florida or Miami.The fact is to the other guys she wasn't joking. She actually decided I was lying for no reason?

No, I am in UK. I do know that (apart from the good ones) some very odd people with power abuse issues get employed in social care though. You should find some advocacy services locally if you search the net. You could also ask individuals in services you are in contact with to recommend an advocacy service. A good advocate will help you preserve and exercise your rights as well as communicate with services. They can be useful if you find you get too emotional or have other difficulties getting your point across ....

Nesf
12 hours ago, DavidTheWitch said:

The fact is to the other guys she wasn't joking. She actually decided I was lying for no reason?

If this refers to me, I didn't say that I thought she was joking, or that you were lying, I meant that I don't understand why she would say such a thing, when it obviously isn't true!

Gone away
4 hours ago, Nesf said:

If this refers to me, I didn't say that I thought she was joking, or that you were lying, I meant that I don't understand why she would say such a thing, when it obviously isn't true!

I don't think it refers to you Nesf.  

I do know some social care staff do abuse their status position and lie knowing that the vulnerable tenant will not be believed. Those are the sort of people that often rise through the hierarchy

Edited by Going home

DavidTheWitch

I need someone to advocate for me... Sorry some of you are not good at communicating which is to be expected.

Harrow

Its literal vs figurative, how do you know your early means her early? For Aspies often literal speak is the normal and preferred method, for NT's its more figurative and more a form of banting. So I wouldn't read to much into it:)

That's just an observation mind you, regardless of been on the spectrum or not everyone is unique.    

RiRi
On February 16, 2017 at 8:09 AM, DavidTheWitch said:

So I told an NT that I eat lunch early and instead of lettting me eat lunch early she tried to tell me I don't.... I do this every day!

It could be that sometimes people say "no you don't" because they intend on not letting you do whatever it is that you say you're going to do. If you eat lunch early, but she didn't let you then she made it be true that you didn't eat early that day. Does she always stop you from eating early? Or did you meant you eat lunch early every day?

Eli

Lots of good points made. Personally, my response would be, "Okay." If it was confrontational, you shut it down. If it's not, you don't create one. It's so hard to tell what goes through the mind of an NT, so I don't try to understand it if I don't have to. I just don't get involved.

"I eat lunch early."

"No you don't."

"Okay."

lifeis

same thing I'd do to an aspie who starts their bullshit-

response appropriately.