Sign in to follow this  
Dr-David-Banner

What's Up With Isolation?

That is what manual work is for - and then they give them team games that make the brain smaller and keep them controllable - like football. It is designed to stop your mind opening. 

Nesf

The impression that I get is that there is a definite dumbing down of the population, entertainment for the masses means that everything is brought down to the lowest common denominator. People have everything provided ready for them, and have become less resourceful. It the days before mass production, people had to really think about how to provide for themselves, and had to make many things themselves, grow things themselves, and entertain themselves. They had to be more creative and resourceful.

Anyone seem the movie "Idiocracy"?

Yeah - that dumbing down is done so that people believe they are separate beings in a 'fish tank like Universe' - sort of Newtonian belief. If that is what  people believe they will always be dumbed down or Wool pulled over their eyes, or asleep, or under the spell, lied to, etc,etc...... Our whole cumsumer society is designed to take away spiritual enlightenment, to make you live in the future that does not exist, as a separate sorry being, always chasing rainbows. That is why they say the pot of gold is at the end of the rainbow. Its a trick to keep you out of the present moment where all the knowledge in the universe is just sitting there awaiting us to use it :)

I have sat in the middle of a circular rainbow before, I was actually the Pot Of Gold.... It happens every time you go surfing in clean waves with offshore winds. As you duck dive through a wave and come out the back, the spray creates a perfect circular rainbow that starts at my belly button and finishes there too. Of course the rainbow is only in existence because I am there in the first place - in the present moment.  

Edited by .......

Gone away
1 hour ago, Nesf said:

Anyone seem the movie "Idiocracy"?

Excellent film.

Spiritually, I think we are in an age of diminishing returns.  Strange times ...

Dr-David-Banner

Dumbed down populations is why I decided to stop being a serious musician. I concluded this is a really bad era to do any kind of serious music. The rubbish that passes for popular music today is astounding and the consumers tone deaf, in my view. That is, where I live not a soul would know what a G chord is, or anything about jazz or blues. I heard some brilliant black jazz musicians from the early Sixties, incomparaby better than these so-called rappers. I am sure neither the jazz nor The Beatles, nor even Bowie would be understood by todays society.
Something like that happened to George Harrison when he went to meet the hippy Beatle fans in San Francisco. He was shocked to meet not creative, artistic people but drugsters and weirdos and "bums" as he put it. Many were in it just as a fashion thing but not the fans George had imagined. He pretty much dropped out of the Beatles trip after that and became reclusive. What would George think about the state of art today?
I can relate to that. Anyone who wants to experiment with music as an art needs to be pushed and inspired by others who are open to something new. When you know people make money yelling "m++++r f++++r down a microphone to the same old boom boom, boom boom, where is the fun or the challenge? You can find good musicians still on Indie labels but they rarely make any money to justify the work involved.