Ben

Ben's Chat About Nothing In Particular Thread.

Jeff
Ugh I'm just like this. It really frustrates me after because I think - I could have had that; I need it and I could have had it but no I had to be nice and to the decent thing, :(

I've always been like it. I found a wallet when I was a child and Mum took me into the Police Station so I could hand it in. The guy came to collected it and he thanked me.

If I find money in a street - I'll pick it up because it's lucky...XD

If I see someone drop something I pick it up and chase after them shouting 'hey, excuse me, you dropped this!!!'.

Oh and you know at McDonald's, they have a loyalty card scheme for hot drinks. Well, when I have a full card, I get a free coffee, but sometimes we'll be ordering other stuff after the coffee and when we get to the till they forget to ask for the card. I sometimes get Chris to give it to them but if I've not noticed what's going on and Chris is like 'hehe they didn't take the card' I feel bad. Good as well though cause I get another free coffee - but I worry they'll get into trouble or something for forgetting. :(

speaking of coffe you guys don't have Starbucks over there in the UK do you I know they are in Canada

iggy
speaking of coffe you guys don't have Starbucks over there in the UK do you I know they are in Canada

The uk does have Starbucks, although I'd say there is a more even distribution of Starbucks : costa in the UK than places I've been to in North America.

Jeff
The uk does have Starbucks, although I'd say there is a more even distribution of Starbucks : costa in the UK than places I've been to in North America.
really??? I'd like to see that because here in the states especially in big city's like New York or Chicago you will literally see a Starbucks directly across the street from one. Lol

Willow
Now I just usually end up putting money people might give me as a "tip" into the box.. except this last time, a lady gave me a dollar because I was so nice and said specifically that it wasn't for the box but for me.  :( So I ended up taking that one.  haha...

:( I guess in big franchises it would go into the charity box. In smaller companys, it goes into a tip box that's shared out between staff equally.

I also once felt bad because my friends and I were at this store once and there were these pink ribbons for breast cancer awareness and a donation box.. my friend was going to take one without putting any money in the donation box and she told me too as well and that it was okay but I still struggle to know if that was right or not.. Even though it was just a ribbon really. 

Yeah you're not supposed to do that I don't think :(

I hate it because some people really need help but then again, if people need help, there are organizations that help with that. :(  And it's not like I have loads of money either.  GRR!! lol  It makes me so frustrated

I feel bad when people or charities on the street ask for money because like you say, if I don't have it there's nothing I can do.

Andy

I found a £20 note in the street and I though Yay my luck has changed as cash is tight, but before I knew it I had given it to a homeless guy and then wondered after why did I do that.

But then I suppose it's good Karma as let's face it I was not sitting on the pavement outside a shop wearing all my clothes looking hopeless. Now I fully understand he may go to the pub or do whatever, but that is not my concern as he looked a lot happier when I said I found this, but you can have it.

Ben

I don't believe in karma. It gives people an excuse to be nice. You should do a good deed because you know it's the right thing, not because you do the deed and then say, right, now I'm owed something. 

That's just my take on it anyway. It just seems pointless. It's a bit like giving your girlfriend ahem! so she will give you ahem!!! in return, instead of doing it because you know she likes it. 

If your younger than 16, and don't know what ahem means, ask your mother..........nope that's weird, ask your older brother...... nope even weirder..... just wait a few years and read the post again, i'm sure you'll understand then. 

Ben

Today was the 1 year anniversary of me and my girlfriend breaking up. I'm morbid, and celebrate things like that. That was the most emotionally crippling experience of my life, and something i needed to go through. 

You can't call yourself an adult until you've experienced earth shattering heart break. Don't fear it though, it makes you so strong mentally when you come out of the other end. 

If your wondering why we split, 2 words, Indian and arranged marriage. 

So there's another lesson for you, if your white like me, stay away from asians. 

Andy

You should understand by now a lot of me is influenced by Asian belief systems and accompanying mentalities and also we have Asians in the family who married British White people, so the arranged marriage thing is not set in stone, not all Asians adhere to such practices and the more British they are allowed to become the less likely these practices will be continued in the UK.

As to celebrating loss I did for a while until I realised it was more healthy for me to let the past go in regards to that subject or else my past will contain me for the future. It was a learning experience where I learned a lot about myself and relationships and understand the biggest failure of relationships is communication which just happens to be that area aspies are not particularly good at in terms of reading the unsaid.

The breakup of my marriage hit me hard and it very nearly destroyed me despite the fact I knew the marriage was a failure, my issue aside from my communicative issues was the age gap, I married a divorcee twelve years my senior who had three kids who later made me a step grand father at age 32.

OrbitalResonance

i wish i lived a few centuries in the future on space colonies where all our basic needs are met and our time is spent by trying to explore what it means to be alive by studying this magnificent cosmos

tumblr_mhkmyrsjs11ruyodeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mhkn5ytDFW1ruyodeo1_500.jpg

Heather
:( I guess in big franchises it would go into the charity box. In smaller companys, it goes into a tip box that's shared out between staff equally.

Yeah you're not supposed to do that I don't think :(

I feel bad when people or charities on the street ask for money because like you say, if I don't have it there's nothing I can do.

"Yeah you're not supposed to do that I don't think :(" - Yeah thinking on that, I shouldn't have said I struggled to know if it was right or wrong.. because I sort of knew I wasn't supposed to do it.  But the friend took one and I think I sort of asked her.. I can't even remember if there was a donation box or if you gave money to the person.. there probably was a spot.  I maybe didn't have change or wondered after.  Though most likely it was because I didn't want to stand out in front of the friends. . I think I voiced my concern but then I never had a very strong resolve.  (I'm just so glad I never hung around anyone who smoked because I fear they would've convinced me to do it too. lol) But yeah it was still wrong.  I think I sort of made it okay in my head because it was only a pink ribbon but still... I didn't really want it much.  The store probably had other people do it too but still.  :(  It makes me sad thinking of different things I did that weren't good :(

I found a £20 note in the street and I though Yay my luck has changed as cash is tight, but before I knew it I had given it to a homeless guy and then wondered after why did I do that.

But then I suppose it's good Karma as let's face it I was not sitting on the pavement outside a shop wearing all my clothes looking hopeless. Now I fully understand he may go to the pub or do whatever, but that is not my concern as he looked a lot happier when I said I found this, but you can have it.

Ha I probably would've done that too.  Unless I didn't see them or was too scared to talk to a stranger.  So maybe not.  Good for you though. :)

I don't believe in karma. It gives people an excuse to be nice. You should do a good deed because you know it's the right thing, not because you do the deed and then say, right, now I'm owed something. 

That's just my take on it anyway. It just seems pointless. It's a bit like giving your girlfriend ahem! so she will give you ahem!!! in return, instead of doing it because you know she likes it. 

If your younger than 16, and don't know what ahem means, ask your mother..........nope that's weird, ask your older brother...... nope even weirder..... just wait a few years and read the post again, i'm sure you'll understand then. 

I always thought of karma like doing a good deed because you want to, and not expecting something back, but then something comes back anyways.  But I guess when you label it as karma then it's like saying you expect it back.. So I guess I don't really like it either.  I try and make sure when I do something good or am generous with money, that I don't expect it back.  Then if they do give you something back, it's a bonus! :) 

Today was the 1 year anniversary of me and my girlfriend breaking up. I'm morbid, and celebrate things like that. That was the most emotionally crippling experience of my life, and something i needed to go through. 

You can't call yourself an adult until you've experienced earth shattering heart break. Don't fear it though, it makes you so strong mentally when you come out of the other end. 

If your wondering why we split, 2 words, Indian and arranged marriage. 

So there's another lesson for you, if your white like me, stay away from asians. 

Aww well I'm glad that you were able to see that you needed to go through that relationship, but I'm sorry you ever had to go through it.  Sometimes we have to go through terrible times to get stronger and get to where we need to!