Nesf

Autism test "How Autistic Are You?"

Nesf

I was surprised and a bit skeptical at some of the questions. Can some people with ASD hear electricity through walls? I can hear the TV humming on standby, or lights, but I can't hear this through a wall. Also, can NTs not see things like dust particles in the air? I thought everybody could see these. Also, in the question about smelling people, does it mean when they are wearing perfume or not? I can smell people wearing perfume or deodorant a mile off, or even shampoo if they have just taken a shower, or fabric softener, but I can't smell people without any of these... unless they haven't showered for a while. I can definitely hear things like mosquitoes. I thought that was normal, too.

RiRi

Very interesting test @Nesf, seems more accurate than the AQ test. Thanks for posting.

Sensory Perception: 21/30

Social Interaction: 1/20

Organization and Routine: 18/20

ASQ: 9/10

(I had to take the test over because I accidentally answered the complete opposite of the answer I was supposed to give, when it asked if I found it easy to multi task, my answer was "strongly disagree" but I put "strongly agree") the negating answers are difficult for me to process. Like for example, if it was a can statement and I strongly agreed, it was easier to process and answer rather than if it said I can, but the answer is I can't. I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself correctly, but I knew I had screwed up and had to take it over for answering that question wrong as I couldn't go back. :lol: I guess I got to excited because it was almost the end of the test. I tried being more careful the second time I took it. Pretty much agree with the results. :) 

I can hear some humming inside the ways, not precisely electricity I don't think, but either it being water from the toilet or sometimes some sort of process (like a fan from upstairs or next door, but it being inside a way) or something else. So I put "slightly agree" for that one. 

Edited by AugustGrace

Sanctuary
2 hours ago, AugustGrace said:

(I had to take the test over because I accidentally answered the complete opposite of the answer I was supposed to give, when it asked if I found it easy to multi task, my answer was "strongly disagree" but I put "strongly agree") the negating answers are difficult for me to process. Like for example, if it was a can statement and I strongly agreed, it was easier to process and answer rather than if it said I can, but the answer is I can't. I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself correctly, but I knew I had screwed up and had to take it over for answering that question wrong as I couldn't go back. :lol: I guess I got to excited because it was almost the end of the test. I tried being more careful the second time I took it. Pretty much agree with the results. :) 

I would echo your point about how some of the questions can be easily confused because of their wording and this occurs on some other tests / quizzes about AS. I had to check a few times I was putting down the answer I intended. I think there will be some people who will mis-read the question and put down the opposite answer to their intention but not even notice and thereby get a misleading score. Perhaps this is the sort of detail that people with AS are more likely to notice and therefore not mis-read the questions :) Maybe it shows the virtue of re-doing tests just to be sure they've been completed correctly and of course the importance of a full discussion with an expert if a diagnosis is required which can clarify any apparently inconsistent answers.

AutismUnrestricted

Thanks Nesf, was cool to take an AS test after being diagnosed for a few years.

My scores:

Sensory perception: 22/30

Social interaction: 0/20 

Organisation and routine: 16/20

Autism Spectrum Quotient: 10/10.

HalfFull

I can sometimes hear electricity through walls. I already did the quiz and was going to post it but then thought only people with no diagnosis were supposed to take it. I got 7 overall, 2 for social interaction and don't remember the other scores.

aspieguy

18/30

1/20

can't remember but it was around the average for non-autistic males

7/10

Edited by aspieguy

Heather

I agree that some of the questions were difficult to answer but I did my best...A lot of the questions were hard to answer because I felt my answer would vary depending on situations and I was not sure which situation they were describing. 

Sensory perception 6/30.  

Social interaction 5/20

Organization and routine 8/20

Autism-spectrum quotient 6/10

Gone away

Tried it again as last time only noted the last category.
I know that with some tests the slightly and completely give identical results so don't worry too much about degree ... ie: one side or the other of the bar ... the degree not relevant. Don't know about this one.

Sensory perception 18/30

Social interaction 3/20

Organisation and routine 11/20

Autism spectrum quotient 10/10

Dr-David-Banner

The electricity you hear will be the zero volt point of the AC cycle. The power supply will alternate from positive to negative and back fifty times a second. Each cycle has a zero volt register when the voltage is neither - or +.
Audio waves are faster, typically on a spectrum of 6 kilocycles per second.
Radio waves alternate at up to 13 megahertz or around.
Yes, I can hear the zero stage of a transformer from a distance. You can see it too as a tube light flickers. The flicker is caused by the in between of no voltage.
Any alternating voltage can jump from one transformer to another as the magnetic field is changing. With DC this doesn't happen because the voltage is fixed polarity.

Dr-David-Banner

On the Russian AS site I am discussing this:

"(Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders), for a diagnosis of Asperger’s syndrome, spoken language development must not be impaired. Children with high-functioning autism, on the other hand, often present with significant language impairment. Controversy is rife in this."

I suspect very possibly I do not have AS simply because I don't fit the non language or speech impairment criteria. I do fit HFA but then again people with HFA aren't supposed to have the kind of dyspraxia and motor issues I have.
I suspect I have autism per se. This is because my learning capacity at an early age was poor. And as I thought carefully about the experience this was linked to personal interaction issues but also a total block to information. Except in reading where I was slow at first but then became a decent reader. Maths was the hardest.
If it's just autism and not specifically AS it puts me in murky waters.

Edited by Dr-David-Banner