RiRi

I thought that older people were supposed to be...

On understanding life.. 

when I was 19 I got a huge amount of cosmic info aka - all the knowledge in the universe! 

At 19 I was pretty wise because of it.. I'm 44 now and I know I was right when 19. So at 19 I was wiser than any old git and still am. I see 65 year olds who are as clueless as baby's when it comes down to what's actually happening. Even 95 year olds who are no wiser than an 12 year olds. 

So - 25 years later, my knowledge is exactly as it was when I was 19! The difference now is - 

i can explain it easier. I can share my astral/cosmic info with words. That comes from duration in this light. The wisdom is exactly the same but the tools to share are improved. 

Most never ever get the wisdom no matter how old. 

Older folk are usually the most racist too 

Peridot
32 minutes ago, ....... said:

Over here in this nationalist Island. :( 

The oldies are the most narcissistic - the baby boomer generation! They are all very bitter and tight and stingy.. Well mostly anyway. They're the ones who voted leave in Brexit. They are mostly all well off financially but are all moody and bitter. 

Think it's because they all feel tricked. 

I'd say it's pretty much certain that the EU is bad. Europe is good. But the EU is bad.

Therefore Brexit is a good thing. A lot of people who voted no are misguided kids. People who voted yes I'd say are generally more experienced/knowledgeable.

Nationalism isn't a bad thing either. Sovereignty, patriotism and maintaining one's culture and identity is all perfectly normal.

Edited by Peridot

Maybe a good thing if you want to go hungry or worse.. 

you want change? 

Do it! 

Live in the gutter and eat dirt because that's what's gonna happen to anyone who isn't financially solvent. 

I guess that it's not just oldies with a nationalistic outlook :(

i suppose you're a racist too? 

Edited 

Edited by .......

edited

Edited by .......

Gone away

This seems to be turning into an oldie hate thread ... talk about sweeping statements and tarring everyone with the same brush.

Yes we all stink of wee and mouldy biscuits ... will you hate yourselves when you get old?? :lol:

Gone away
10 hours ago, Sirius said:

a lot of older people feel a sense of entitlement to above-average respect and gives them an excuse to be abusive, knowing that they'll have society's support when they feign victimhood after someone stands up to them.

I lot of older people would say the same about the younger generation ... I'm not agreeing or disagreeing just saying things look different depending on where one stands

Sanctuary

Age can bring wisdom and a more reflective, realistic attitude but it can also entrench attitudes and bitterness. There is good and bad in every generation. Generalisations about any group are tempting to make but often misleading. It's always best to judge each person as an individual and not as a "representative" of a specific group and even then our judgements - good or bad - may be coloured by the circumstances in which we come across them. Sometimes people who are generally very good can come across as obnoxious if caught at the wrong time and some generally dreadful people are capable of great kindness and consideration in the right circumstances. Overall we should bear in mind that any specific interaction is not necessarily typical of a person's character and even less is it typical of a wider group.

Nesf

I think that whether a person is nice or not is the result of a combination of personality, life experiences (positive and negative), and whether the person is having a good day or not, and not really due to age. However, there is a certain kind of person who will treat you like sh*t and then demand respect from you because either they are in a position of authority, or simply because they are your senior, and no, you don't get my respect because you are older, you get it because you deserve it and also treat me with respect.