StarlessEclipse

Disability and the Conservative Party [IMPORTANT]

StarlessEclipse

This is just one example of the harrowing indignity disabled people in the UK are forced to endure under Conservative Party rule. If you have friends or family intent on voting for the Conservatives, show them this video. Ask them if this is the kind of country they want to live in.

Edited by Sirius

Peridot

"Treated worse than a farm animal" <-- Exactly my experience in my country where the municipality is basically a criminal organization.

Gone away

It is fair to say many vulnerable people are treated worse than farm animals ...
Vulnerable people (with funding) are traded like commodities in the social care industry.
Then you have all these charities with squeeky clean fake profiles ... because collectively they spend millions (of donated funds) immediately deleting anything challenging and gagging people (settlement agreements) who might have something to say about their antics.
Its a sad world. I wish there was a stronger sense of community in localities

collectingrocks

Shocking indeed but Islington is labour-run.... 

Miss Chief
4 hours ago, collectingrocks said:

Shocking indeed but Islington is labour-run.... 

This has nothing to do with council/local government, she is talking about central government policy like prescriptions, benefits even the local social care fund is set by and dramatically cut by Westminster/The Tories. The only thing in that vid that you can't directly blame on Westminster/The Tories is the housing issue and to be honest if Thatcher hadn't setup the scheme to buy your council/social home without putting anything in place to replace the sold off social housing that also wouldn't be an issue so still kind of The Tories fault.

Gone away
5 hours ago, Miss Chief said:

if Thatcher hadn't setup the scheme to buy your council/social home 

Gone now, but she and the people pulling her strings have alot to answer for.

The council housing stock was practically given away as were nationalised energy and transport assetts

Sanctuary

An attitude of suspicion, even hostility towards disabled people - at least those who require benefits and other support - runs deep within the Conservative Party and other right-wing groups. There is the attitude that many disabled claimants are "fakers" and "malingerers", particularly those with less visible conditions such as mental illness. This is part of a broader negative attitude towards anyone who claims benefits. This attitude makes life very difficult for those in need and can deter deserving people from claiming the support they need because they are worried about being seen as "scroungers". This is not to deny that a small number of people do abuse the benefits system but this small minority is used to label the whole population of claimants who really need help.

We also have a long-standing attitude among the Tories that the responsibility for supporting those in need, whether that be disabled people or elderly social care, should be passed as much as possible onto hard-pressed families. In practice that means it will probably fall on women. The Conservatives will not properly support those in need, whether that be related to finances, health or social care. It will be those in need and their families who will have to suffer the consequences.

Ben

If I treated my cows like that the farm would be shut down, and DEFRA would more than likely hook me up to the mains supply by my testicles.

aspieguy

If I decide to vote, I'm definitely voting conservative and that's not changing. This is about more than just disabilities. The country needs political stability if they hope to get through brexit without the economy falling apart in the process. A change of leading party is about the worst thing that could happen right now.

DavidTheWitch

We should be perfectly willing to ally ourselves with Muslims as Micah has in stopping this stabber!