Dr-David-Banner

Aspergers In Russia

Dr-David-Banner

The reason it sounds so weird is Google Translate can't accommodate the lack of definite or indefinite article in Russian. Книга can mean either book, a book or the book. I am glad that several Russian critics have written reviews of Carnival Of Souls and found it fascinating. Whereas the American critics just viewed it as a zombie movie, the Russian critics hit upon the deep psychology in the film. After stunned silence, some Russians are writing to tell me, yes, maybe they experienced aspects of this. This movie ought to be redone but definitely not modernised, made politically correct and so on. It was filmed a little in Salt Lake City Utah and then in Kansas. It failed miserably as audiences couldn't understand such a deep film. Later it then started to get noticed but I don't think it has beendubbefd into Russian.

Dr-David-Banner

I notice every time you refer to pioneers, Russians will quote a Russian who got there first. Such as Popov instead of Marconi. Now they refer me to Grunya Sukhareva who first diagnosed autistic psychopathy around 1920. She called it Schizoid Avoidant Psychopathy. Personally, I rate Asperger's work more highly. I found Asperger very detailed and precise. Russian psychology strikes me as too directed towards physical causes. I suspect also Sukhareva didn't refer to genetics whereas Asperger goes to great detail to explain psychopathy is inherited. Parents tended to be odd rather than abusive. Suhareva puts it down to harsh environment but very many autists were not traumatised. Currently what I pick up on is Russian psychology takes the view we should all be normal and socially adept. Asperger points out abnormality is a springboard for creativity. Lastly Britain's Lorna Wing - the founder of A.S. I don't rate her as in the same class as Asperger and think she took advantage of his work. She tried to apply a life or death diagnosis to a far wider range of patients. This was fine but she dismissed the original study subjects as too extreme to be compared to her updated diagnosis. None of this is new though. I find MPD has been argued over in the same way.