Dr-David-Banner

Aspergers In Russia

I'm the same - I act how I feel is appropriate and not what others feel at anytime. They'll be asleep anyway so - feck'em. That's why NT people mourn. It's regret that they've missed the moment with the death or dying of a person. 

They feel guilt because they e been self absorbed over the years and now the person is dead! 

Its the original meaning of being a Sinner. 

The Sin is the distance measured from the bulls eye to where the arrow hits the target. The further away from the bullseye the bigger the sin. So unless you're fully in the present/bullseye, life is being wasted and that's a Sin! ?

NT or Allistic's have got it seriously wrong and that's a simple fact. They're tricked out of their own lives/present moment with the carrot and the donky situation or the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It's that attitude that has caused their problems too. Denial that they're wrong. Trying to be like them - wrong in other words is futile. 

Who cares about their infantile social convention! They can keep it for the monkey brains.

Dr-David-Banner

So far it hasn't been too bad but the initial onset of curiosity has died down. It's just not every day you get an English autist dropping in on a Russian forum. I also don't know if Russian language study is as popular as in the late 1990's when I was there. Plus with the very poor international relations due to Crimea, there may now be far fewer American and English students over there studying Russian. In fact the faculty where I was sent in 1992 now has Indian students coming instead. So it must seem odd. Why would an English guy want to learn Russian rather than German or Dutch or an EU language? It tends to be fading in the Baltics and Georgia but may be taught more in Iraq, Iran and Syria. I will take it easy and give them time to maybe get used to my appearance there.

Dr-David-Banner

I found out the site is very regimented with strict rules. Some of the women have had bans of a few weeks. This may be just for not using quote marks. It seems a bit policed by moderators - the main one based in Moscow. When the women speak amongst themselves, the language is harder for me to follow as it's street Russian. Maybe I could encourage a "perestroika" and get them to loosen up a bit. The thing about Russia is it has a strong base on hierarchy and authority and collective enterprise. Even academics have to be part of an institution or association. The women struggle to understand how their kids can be high functioning but destructive and prone to rages.

DavidTheWitch

Erm just so people know there is a difference between Psychotics and Psychopaths . A Psychotic does bad things because he or she is delusional. A psychopath does bad things because they enjoy them! 

Dr-David-Banner

I raised the topic of "синдром старой ведьмы" old hag syndrome. Who knows, maybe my tendencies to probe the supernatural and unknown will get me into trouble. They have a system of warnings and bans. Amazingly not using specific quotes when retyping material can provoke a warning and then a ban. I just think that's the wrong approach when it's easier to just tell someone please don't do such and such. or just say sorry if need be. Still, I imagine Russian society is still a bit authoritarian. Usually the mothers post about how they get into trouble over their kids at school and are asked to attend meetings at the school, due to the tantrums and rages that may erupt.
There is not enough information on AS - too much attention deficit order material.
I found this pic of Old Hag on a Russian site.

vedma.jpg

Dr-David-Banner

I appear to be the only male on that site. The others are all female with autistic children.
I tend to process my posts there to try and reduce grammar mistakes. I may feed my constructions into the search engine to see if they bounce back correct.
Fortunately online resources for Russian are first rate since many Russians learn English too.
The mistake would be to use Google translate rather than try to make genuine sentences first. Back in the nineties we had to just go to a library and use volume dictionaries. We'd be given a text to try and translate to the foreign language. Today there is much more available. You can use search engines to kick out examples and then make a sentence.
I wonder though if translators are now a thing of the past? Maybe online translators will become adequate for messages between companies and, plus, most Russians, Hungarians or Chinese can speak English. Years ago you would employ linguists or even contact a translation agency.
Needless to say the autistic kids can speak English OK.

Nesf
9 hours ago, Dr-David-Banner said:

I may feed my constructions into the search engine to see if they bounce back correct.

I do this, too. I never use Google Translate.