Mike_GX101

Do we need a section on the forum aimed at couples on the spectrum?  We could have an area especially for those people who are going through relationship difficulties who could maybe bring their partners to the forum.  This could help them to communicate their needs better while doing it in an environment where extra ideas could be offered by other forum members (i.e. couples could offer advice and expertise to other couples who maybe need it and vice versa)

This would help people on the spectrum in relationship difficulties by including their other half.  That way we get to see the real-time issues as there is often two sides to every story.  Let's hear what their partner's think and feel in response to the difficulties.  Do they even know there are problems?  Do they know the other side to their partner through forums such as this one?  Whenever any couple has a problem they could create a new topic just for them and just work at it in an environment where social body and facial language constraints are not such a problem.

Such a section could also be inspirational to others who might seek out dating relationships in the future.

Sofi

Would this not come under the 'Friend/Relationship Advice' forum?

Ben

Personally I think the Friend and Relationship forum covers most issues like that, given this is an ASD forum. If anything we could do with a sexual health sub forum attached to it though, as it's a huge realm that's often not talked about. 

Willow

I don't think the forum could exist yet as there probably isn't enough need for it. But it especially shouldn't exist in the way you suggested. Couples, of any kind, don't want to be telling the public about the problems, together, in a thread. Maybe one partner will go looking for advice, somewhat anonymously, but two people who are having issues probably wouldn't wander onto a public forum to do it. There would be other issues involved, like maybe only having access to the forum from one place, so they'd have to go on in turns to answer to their topic, and...blah. I just can't see it working in that way.

The friend and relationships forum covers this anyway, and is used as such. Rarely would I see two people in a relationship willing to talk about their issues together on a forum. If they're both aware and willing to talk, then they would do it privately or in counseling, or with family/friends.

Ben

To be honest, if a partner of mine was to spill her guts out about our relationship on a public forum, I'd more than likely walk out on her. 

Some things in life should always remain PRIVATE  This current culture of telling everyone what colour socks you're wearing on the internet will eventually suck the life out of you. 

Mine are black in case your wondering. (They don't show dirt, so I can get away with wearing them longer than white or grey; smart eh?) 

Sofi

Mine are purple :D 

I am in a weird situation about relationship lol It is strange when two people both don't have a clue about relationship for being on the spectrum or whatever. I don't understand what it means to be in a relationship

Nesf

I don't think the forum could exist yet as there probably isn't enough need for it. But it especially shouldn't exist in the way you suggested. Couples, of any kind, don't want to be telling the public about the problems, together, in a thread. Maybe one partner will go looking for advice, somewhat anonymously, but two people who are having issues probably wouldn't wander onto a public forum to do it. There would be other issues involved, like maybe only having access to the forum from one place, so they'd have to go on in turns to answer to their topic, and...blah. I just can't see it working in that way.

The friend and relationships forum covers this anyway, and is used as such. Rarely would I see two people in a relationship willing to talk about their issues together on a forum. If they're both aware and willing to talk, then they would do it privately or in counseling, or with family/friends.

I agree, it wouldn't be a good idea. you might get a situation where couples are arguing and shouting and insulting each other on the forum, and that would be totally inappropiate and unpleasant for other members. I don't think anyone would use it.

Edit: I'm not wearing socks :P

Edited by Nesf

Ben

Mine are purple :D

I am in a weird situation about relationship lol It is strange when two people both don't have a clue about relationship for being on the spectrum or whatever. I don't understand what it means to be in a relationship

Then you teach each other, learn from each other. There's no science to it, it comes down to instinct. 

My first kiss for instance; was amazing, and probably my favorite. I said to myself after "Wow I didn't know I could do that!" I was smiling for about a month. 

My first ahem!! Well, several years later, and I'm still smiling. I definitely didn't know I could do that! 

Comes down to instinct 100%; you can't learn some things, because some things are just natural. Like breathing or yawning. 

Edited by Ben

Sofi

Then you teach each other, learn from each other. There's no science to it, it comes down to instinct. 

My first kiss for instance; was amazing, and probably my favorite. I said to myself after "Wow I didn't know I could do that!" I was smiling for about a month. 

My first ahem!! Well, several years later, and I'm still smiling. I definitely didn't know I could do that! 

Comes down to instinct 100%; you can't learn some things, because some things are just natural. Like breathing or yawning. 

Ben! I feel sick! Oh god! I did not expect to read this. I've never done any of these things and I have no intention, well I have done the kiss one but not in a romantic way. 

*runs away covering eyes* 

Edited by Sofi

Ben

The moment when you know you've posted one post too many....

tumblr_mavtr0y2vj1rv0dn9.gif