Fighter101

New to Aspergers

Fighter101

I need help, I cant understand or deal with my depression, my chest is so heavy and I have no self esteem to put myself back on my feet. Everything is slow and long and usually I would get so angry with myself but im not. I dont know what to do and how to deal 

Gone away

Sometimes its a case of waiting it out. Rest, diversion etc.
How long does the depression normally last?

Fighter101

Usually when someone talks to me I cant get over it by myself.

blacktiger911

i have been battling depression for 9 years now everything from self harm and suicide the biggest hole in your chest and and the literal weight on your shoulders to the point of physical pain been through relationships achools jobs friends and you dont for the most part. meds make me even worst and tharipy dosent do much.

simply put you dont get over it eventually something will happen and we'll turn for the better in the mean time you find something to keep fighting for weather it be the next 5 minuets, days, weeks, or more then you find something else no matter how big or how small.

someone else might be able to help you more but as someone currently fighting depression thats all i got.

Fighter101

I know this feeling comes from triggers of rejection and people I look upto 

Gone away

3 hours ago, Fighter101 said:

I know this feeling comes from triggers of rejection and people I look upto 

Thats the sort of thing (rejected by trusted people) that runs very deep and can be life changing in a negative way.
Try not to beat yourself up as its also a major reflection on them.
Having too much faith in others seems to guarantee a let down.
If we can't gel with others as well as nuerotypicals then we need to get better at being self contained ... this requires some self restraint.
Before diagnosis a major focus in my life was trying to function efficiently, being mindful of what helped and what didn't.
Depression tends to arrive unannounced and leave through the back door without comment... all you can do is focus on what makes you happy or some activity you find potentially helpful.
Interpersonal / social skills are complex

Edited by Gone home
  • Helpful 1