rainbow

my ex cousellor on diagnosis

rainbow

hey guys,

what are your thoughts about this subject

My ex counsellor told me that she don't see a point  a doctor diagnosis  mental health conditions.

Edited by rainbow

Gone away

I think there is value in treating / supporting the person rather than the condition - as it bypasses ingrained prejudices and maybe finds more direct creative solutions to challenges ... maybe that is what they meant ? ...  or maybe they should just get another job as the diagnosis should be the safety net and professionals should not make such comments without a lot of supporting context?

Edited by Gone home
  • Like 2

hutchie

Not much of a counsellor, not helpful at all.

• Haha 1

Aspernaut

Diagnosis is only useful if you need help. If being you is ok then there is no need for diagnosis. Perhaps that’s what they meant 

• Helpful 4

Aspernaut

Try being told you need a diagnosis, fighting for it and then being told there’s no help out there 

Aspernaut
On 01/10/2017 at 6:07 PM, Gone home said:

I think there is value in treating / supporting the person rather than the condition - as it bypasses ingrained prejudices and maybe finds more direct creative solutions to challenges ... maybe that is what they meant ? ...  or maybe they should just get another job as the diagnosis should be the safety net and professionals should not make such comments without a lot of supporting context?

Professions are just justifying their existence and that is how it is

Aspernaut

If anyone out there thinks that our social services  give a single solitary flip about our wellbeing then I need to be as high as they are. The consultants are out there diagnosing but the local authorities are spending their allocated funding on the golf course. Your local CCG isn’t looking to help any of you. As long as we all sit indoors and don’t make a fuss they can be see to doing a good job. If your boiler broke down would you let “John “ try to fix it because he could turn his hands to anything or would you call a professional? So why have we got to rely on our Gp’s to sort out problems that they have never come across. Being nice and correct doesn’t work. FIND OUT WHAT YOU’RE  ENTITLED TO AND GET IT,  CLAIM IT  DEMAND IT. That’s what I did 

Gone away
6 hours ago, Aspernaut said:

If anyone out there thinks that our social services  give a single solitary flip about our wellbeing

Social services (which includes the county council and its legal dept)  are as incompetent and morally bent as they come.
I have found them completely dishonest (liars and abusers) in the worst sense and the council and councillors corrupt and as can be.

Don't get me wrong...there are alot of good individuals working within these services, but all it takes is a few sociopaths with ill intent in key positions to bring the lot into disrepute.
They have very corrupt and aggressive procedures for silencing  people who raise issues that can cause them embarrassment.
They routinely block whistleblowers.
The local government ombudsman who is supposed to independently regulate local councils is very firmly in bed with them.
Its an incestuous gravy train.

I suppose the point of diagnosis is that you will be discriminated against due to your condition ... and although most organisations piss all over disability law with impunity ... in principle a diagnosis offers an umbrella of theoretical legal protection.
It is mostly purely theoretical, but there's always the chance things will improve in the future.

Also a diagnosis should fast track you to support when / if things start going seriously wrong in life

Edited by Gone home

Aspernaut

We should all document our negative experiences here then take the lot to the Minister of Health and the good Newspapers

Continental

Iuyguiyguygigihigyuie