Sign in to follow this  
DavidTheWitch

Anyone feel they can use Ableist Insults due to their disablity?

DavidTheWitch

Yeah but then the other way to be a popular autist is to wallow in self hate which I don't want to either?

Sofi
39 minutes ago, DavidTheWitch said:

Yeah but then the other way to be a popular autist is to wallow in self hate which I don't want to either?

Are you saying you want to a 'popular autist', whatever that is? What is that? You shouldn't strive to be popular for having Autism and I don't think popular Autists wallow in self hate really. I don't understand your points of  view. Maybe we should stop this conversation.

Asgardian

I called this guy out as a troll as soon as he arrived on the forum. This kind of crass, pathetic thread proves I was correct. What a ridiculous thing to say. 

Edited by Asgardian

DavidTheWitch
56 minutes ago, Sofi said:

Are you saying you want to a 'popular autist', whatever that is? What is that? You shouldn't strive to be popular for having Autism and I don't think popular Autists wallow in self hate really. I don't understand your points of  view. Maybe we should stop this conversation.

I am going to ignore the post below you. I just want to be liked. I suppose I am not fully developed however on Deviant Art I have noticed Aspie Posters who fit in typically engage in "woes me I is sick" type behavior?

Gone away
1 hour ago, DavidTheWitch said:

I don't think wallowing in self hate makes anyone popular ... quite the contrary.

Seeking popularity is ... unnecessary.
Best to just be yourself.
As autistics we all belong to a minority group. How strongly we choose to identify is a personal thing.
There are many varied minority groups in this world.  They don't need to copy each other

DavidTheWitch
2 minutes ago, Gone home said:

I don't think wallowing in self hate makes anyone popular ... quite the contrary.

Seeking popularity is ... unnecessary.
Best to just be yourself.
As autistics we all belong to a minority group. How strongly we choose to identify is a personal thing.
There are many varied minority groups in this world.  They don't need to copy each other

I don't know I am in my tweeties and want to be loved by everyone as the song Mr Jones by Counting Crows goes?

Gone away

Yes, I get that but things can't be forced. (I don't know the song though)
Once people allow themselves to get desperate, things don't go so well.
Best to focus on self love and things that you find personally helpful rather than destructive maladaptive self hate.
I think if you can focus on functioning well, then other things just gradually fall into place. 
To roughly quote a Stones song .. can't always get what you want ... but get what you need

Gone away

Regarding your original question

Anyone feel they can use Ableist Insults due to their disablity?

I suppose to a degree one can make humour out of ones condition - as some disabled comedians do. But taste, venue and context are important considerations.
There are comments that could be humorous, but certainly nothing grossly offensive. I think your original post is offensive and not funny.
I don't see the point of supporting the worst of ableism as its just cruel and damaging abuse.

DavidTheWitch
3 minutes ago, Gone home said:

Regarding your original question

I suppose to a degree one can make humour out of ones condition - as some disabled comedians do. But taste, venue and context are important considerations.
There are comments that could be humorous, but certainly nothing grossly offensive. I think your original post is offensive and not funny.
I don't see the point of supporting the worst of ableism as its just cruel and damaging abuse.

You do realize I would never legitimize violence with what I was saying just tell people they are being stupid?

Gone away
10 minutes ago, DavidTheWitch said:

You do realize I would never legitimize violence with what I was saying just tell people they are being stupid?

To be honest I'm not sure I'm understanding...