Sign in to follow this  
Fighter101

By Myself

Fighter101

When I stay alone in my room too long and bored. I get into my own head I get aggressive and swear irrationaly. This is where self harm comes in. I struggle with strategies on how to control these urges. Even now I feel like typing a big rampage post about how much I frustrate myself.  It fucking kills me. 

Gone away

We all have to restrain ourselves regarding inner impulses ... but as you said 

9 hours ago, Fighter101 said:

When I stay alone in my room too long and bored. I get into my own head I get aggressive and swear irrationaly.

The simplistic solution is don't stay in your room too long and get bored ... a goal of forgiving and liking yourself might be productive ... and a goal of rewarding activity / utilising relaxation times. All easier said than done but we need direction ... 

Edited by Gone home
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Eliza
On 1/6/2018 at 1:57 AM, Fighter101 said:

I struggle with strategies on how to control these urges.

Think ahead and make a list of things you can do to distract yourself when you get bored. We all go through these periods when we're lonely and bored, so it's best to be prepared. Think of this list as a way of treating yourself with compassion.

Hope this helps!

• Helpful 1

Fighter101
On 09/01/2018 at 2:45 AM, Eliza said:

Think ahead and make a list of things you can do to distract yourself when you get bored. We all go through these periods when we're lonely and bored, so it's best to be prepared. Think of this list as a way of treating yourself with compassion.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much! It does thank you

• Like 1

DC1346
On 1/8/2018 at 5:45 AM, Eliza said:

We all go through these periods when we're lonely and bored, so it's best to be prepared.

Interesting.

When I'm not at work, I'm a reclusive introvert. I am never lonely or bored. That's just me. I have several interests and being on my own at home gives me the opportunity to pursue these interests. As for being lonely ... I find live face to face interactions to be quite stressful. I much prefer chat boards and email.  

Given a choice, I prefer not to be around people because having to interact with anyone (even if we're on friendly terms) is inherently stressful. When I'm alone, I'm at peace. I find quiet solitude to be perfectly relaxing. 

As for the OP, if you need to get out and about, why not join Meetup which is a social website that allows you to get together with people who have similar interests. If you like doing community volunteer work, you could always google for volunteer services that are needed in your area. Off the top of my head,  Meals for Wheels, local food banks, the Red Cross, community centers, and animal sanctuaries are always looking for volunteers.