Scheduled Live-streams Read more... ×
RiRi

Do you consider yourself a good person?

Are you a good person?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a good person?

• For the most part, yes.
    • For the most part, no.
    • For the most part, I'm not a bad person.
    • For the most part, I'm not a good person.
    • For the most part, I'm in between.
    • Other.

RiRi

Considering everything you've done in life, do you consider yourself a good person?

Edited by RiRi

Harrow

No I dont. I want to be but I think its to late 

Butterfly88

Mostly yes, minus a few things I've done that I'd rather not specify.  

RiRi

@Harrow Well, I think as long as you haven't killed anyone, you're alive, it's not too late to become a better person. 

Primeape

I said to myself i werent going to come on this site anymore but i wanted to answer this question

No im not a good person, if i was people wouldn't feel the need to lie to me

Im just a burden to everyone, theres not many people that truely care about me, when certain people say it to me they just say it cause they know its what i want to hear. 

These reasons are stupid sound stupid to others

Nesf

I really don't know. It depends on how you define 'good person'.

Sanctuary

Nesf has made a good point that there are lots of nuances to this question. Perhaps the most obvious answer is that a good person does good deeds but what if they do these things for selfish reasons such as trying to get good publicity / fame? What about the person who does good deeds but has horrible thoughts inside? Does it make a difference if they feel guilty about those bad thoughts? What about the person who doesn't do bad things but only because they don't want to get into trouble? It's also true that what we define as good or bad can change over time and from place to place. it's also true that one person may see themselves as "good" while others see them as "bad" and vice versa. Perhaps the commonest problem, especially for those with low self-esteem, is they assume they are bad people or that others don't like them even though neither may be the case.

Ultimately we can't change what's in our heads, nor can we can be sure what others are thinking. We do have some control over our actions. To that extent I think a good person at the very least doesn't harm others and ideally tries to make the lives of others better. In some cases people may have strayed but as RiRi said it's always possible to become a better person.

Gone away
7 hours ago, Angry Primeape said:

No im not a good person, if i was people wouldn't feel the need to lie to me

Thats not logical.
People lie to good people all the time.
I think some people just lie most of the time - but won't see it as lying. Its difficult or impossible to really fit in with people like that

Primeape

Maybe so about it being not logical

But you saying that doesn't make me automatically think im a good person

RiRi

@Angry Primeape I don't know if I was included in your first comment, but I just want to say that I never lied to you. I actually care about you. Sorry if I wasn't part of the comment, but I just felt I needed to say that.

Also, I believe not many people would truly care about me. But that's okay because the people who truly care about me are enough. Sometimes it's not about how many people care about you, but more about how much the people that do care, care about you.