Myrtonos

What was the greatest intellectual discovery of all time?

Aspergolfer

The greatest discovery of all time is the justification by faith in Christ. This amazing teaching has changed the world. Without that, we would have likely done ourselves in.

ancus

I think the greatest discovery was when people realised that the hereditary aristocracy was telling a self-interested lie when it insisted on its necessity. 

ancus
On 2/17/2018 at 8:59 PM, MrGrey said:

We might lose that advancement tho, if flat-earthers have it their way.

I'm not entirely convinced that flat-earthers are real.  I think it's a prank.  I mean sure, there's probably some person somewhere who is isolated enough to actually not know, but people know that the earth is round.  There's a lot of creative work that had to go into the flat earth website.  Really, look at it.  It's shockingly self-consistent.  Someone didn't come up with all that nonsense because they were too stupid to figure out that it was bunk.  They were obviously bored and had an odd sense of humor, so they worked out this fictional universe with an actually flat earth in it, and then it was a choice between publishing it as a novel (for which you need characters and plot) or they could try and convince people that this was a real thing.  The first one is honestly kind of hard (trust me) and even if they were novelists, the second one is far more devious.  And that makes it more fun.