Sign in to follow this  
Harrow

Heartbreak over losing a friend

Harrow

I'm not sure what to do, I really need some advice. I've come to care for someone a lot. Someone that always gets me though dark places and has giving me their everything these last few months. Now its not romantic or even a relationship, I think if I really wanted it can be and and a part of my would like to try. But she's not like anyone else and I know in myself I'm not good enough. And I'm fine with that. But she's going away possibly to start her new life and where she's going I'm scared for her, I want everything to workout for her more then anything. But a part of me also feels heartbroken that we won't be there for each other everyday anymore. Is that selfish, because my only goal is for her to find her happiness.

How do I accept this chapter of my life with her will end now possibly? When it hurts so much?

• Helpful 1

RiRi

You can communicate with this person after they move. It doesn't have to be that you can no longer be there for each other. There are phones, computers, applications through which you both can communicate and be there for each other.

Edited by RiRi
  • Like 1

RiRi
3 hours ago, Harrow said:

She's not like anyone else.

You told me something like this in the past. That I'm not like anyone else and that out of everyone you've met only me and someone else were two very unique people. Does that still stand?

Harrow
4 minutes ago, RiRi said:

You told me something like this in the past. That I'm not like anyone else and that out of everyone you've met only me and someone else were two very unique people. Does that still stand?

Yes:) I said it because I meant it

And it's complicated but I'll always try. 

• Like 1

Asgardian

There isn't really anything you can do. You can still talk to her after she has moved away. I realise it won't be the same but unfortunately she has to live her own life. If you have feelings for her have you told her? Also, do you know if she feels the same way? 

I don't really know what else to say. I can understand why you think you are being selfish and I guess some people would say you are, but personally I would disagree with that. I think you have to ask yourself something. If there is nothing you can do about her leaving then is putting yourself through all this emotional turmoil really worth it? In the end it will only hurt her and you as well.

• Like 1

Ben

It's all part of the process. Nothing is an accident and everything is happening as it's meant to. You'll meet many people like this, I collect them like Pokemon cards. 

The more people you accumulate, the more you realise it's all YOU. Not them.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Whoknows

You let go. It's going to be a matter of time, hard as it can be, but from I read, you did got along pretty well. Just let go and don't torment her with e-mails.

On my own experience, it took me around two years and a half to deal with it, so it relies on you how you're going to cope with it. -_-

nichii
On 2/19/2018 at 1:49 PM, Harrow said:

Is that selfish, because my only goal is for her to find her happiness.

No, not at all. It's good to consider her feelings, but you have to think about yours too. My best friend and only friend dropped out of my life one day. I was never the same after that. I was extremely depressed and hated life. She got back in touch with me a couple years or so later. It was hard for me to forgive her and start talking to her again, but I did and we're good friends again. That's probably not what you want to hear, but all I'm saying is that losing a friend can be very hard. You may become depressed, but things will get easier over time. There's always a chance that you two will meet again. Try to find new friends if you can, and take care of yourself. Do things that make you happy to distract yourself because you may be thinking about your friend a lot at first. See a therapist if you can afford one and talk to them about this. They can help you get through this and improve your quality of life. Good luck.