Sign in to follow this  
Peridot

Video for practicing eye contact

Peridot

Be brave and click the play button... ;)

• Haha 1
  • Helpful 1

MrGrey

I think she was checking out the camera man.  Just sayin'

• Haha 2

nichii

There was a video I saw a while back by a Japanese company that would hire women to basically train guys to feel comfortable making eye contact with women. It was mostly used for guys that are socially anxious or lack confidence when talking to women. I'm sure it could help people with autism too. I tried looking for the video, but I can't find it. If I come across it again, I'll post the video.

• Like 3

Catman2018

I remember at school making a video for eye contact. I would always look at the camera, stuttering, getting a panic attack when recording. I was a nervous wreck. 

• Haha 1
  • Helpful 1

HalfFull

I watched this at least a year ago and added it to my Favorites. Although the lady on the video has a way to put people at ease its a good starting point towards people who are less friendly or have outputting expressions. I tend to find though that when listening to people mine is usually ok but when I'm speaking its not. Then, I'd need an interlocutor who doesn't seem to stare, look bored or disagree with what I'm saying.

• Helpful 1

RiRi

:lol: I only watched the first 40 seconds of the video because I got bored. She kept moving her mouth, so I'd stop looking at her eyes and look at her mouth instead. Some of the mouth movements she made were not pleasant. I felt like she did that on purpose to distract the eye contact. Otherwise I didn't find it intimidating. She looks like she's in her 30s too and she was definitely wearing makeup. 

I think I can make eye contact but if I'm talking, I take longer to say what I'm going to say unless it's rehearsed and if they're talking, I sometimes don't grasp everything they said. This specially happens if I'm paying too much attention to making the eye contact. I think It depends on the person too.

• Helpful 1