Willow

Updates

Willow

Hi everyone,

Of all the places on the internet, this is the one I always feel the least welcome in. But even so, I wanted to post an update.

Over the last 6 months or so a lot has happened in my life, and I've not physically or mentally been well enough to keep on top of everything, so I'm sorry about that - at the very least I should have tried to find someone to look after the forum for me until I was able to.

I have, over the past week, redesigned my website, ran updates here on the forum (which include altering the way the forum auto archives threads, so less threads will be locked now, and those that were locked, have been unlocked so long as they are under 2 years old and have more than 10 replies. I have also pinned @Nesf's 'cooling down' thread, in the Koby's Clubhouse forum, and will try and temp lock threads that are volatile and redirect them to the cooling down thread, and unlock the original thread after 24 hours or so). 

I've also made the vast majority of my YouTube videos public again, and have made some new ones. I have deleted a few videos, which were solely about me and my ex, but I have used some of the footage to make a few montage videos, just for old times sake. 

I'm currently studying at college and will be starting at University in September, though this is a huge strain on my health but they are very supportive so I hope to be able to manage.

Health wise, I have fibromyalgia, which my doctor is struggling to treat as I seem to be in a permanent 'flare up', so am constantly in pain and struggle to do even basic things most days (typing is particularly difficult for me at the moment). I also have an under active thyroid, which is being treated, but some negative effects are still persisting. I'm also finally in therapy for the PTSD which I have from my relationship with my ex - which is why I was finally able to tackle my YouTube channel, because I have the right support in place to deal with any issues that looking through videos of him throws up.

Now that I am in therapy, I feel able to do this again - and by this I mean, my YouTube channel, this forum, everything that I used to do alongside, and under the watchful eye of, my ex; I finally feel like I am strong enough to get back to doing what I started long before I was with him. And it's about f**king time!

:)

Love always,

Willow

IMG_5980.JPG

Asgardian

@Willow Sorry to hear about your health struggles. Good luck with everything, including university :)

Heather

Yay! :D Thank you for the update Willow, I am happy to hear from you always and am so glad you are getting support to help you through your issues.

RiRi

@Willow I'm sorry that you feel unwelcome here. I just want to let you know that I'm always happy to hear from you too. Whether it's through a video or a post or whatever. I'm happy for you for your accomplishments. Thank you for the post and picture. :) 

StarlessEclipse

I don't think you actually are unwelcome. Some people were frustrated by your absence, for what (now that you've explained them) were perfectly understandable reasons. Setting aside your ownership of the site, I think your posts are generally thoughtful, detailed and helpful, and I'm sure most here would agree.

I hope college and university go well for you. My own mental health struggles have completely destroyed the experience for me lately, though hopefully I'll permanently back on track by September.

Anyway, it's good to hear that your therapy has been helpful and to have you back on the forum.

Nesf

Thank you for your response and update. I wish you luck with your University course and therapy :)

Sofi

You should never feel unwelcome here :(. I know everyone understands and supports you. Love you! xxx

Edited by Sofi

collectingrocks

Thank you for having the courage to post and explain everything and reasons for your absence. Always wish you well, good health and good luck with uni... :)

Primeape

I can understand why you feel unwelcomed here and am not surprised this forum makes you feel that 

I just wanted to say I hope uni goes well for you in september, i hope your therapy goes well and i hope you can get fibromyalgia pain under control, i know someone with the same conditon and she takes extra magnesium also she has had acupuntchres in the past too and that helped her thoughnid mention it :)