Dr-David-Banner

THE DISTORTION OF ASPERGER'S

Dr-David-Banner

Dysathria - had to look that one up. Lots of weird medical terms. 

Dr-David-Banner

I caused a few waves after joining yet another radio electronics forum. Initially they just couldn't understand my explanations or interpretations. These were all American engineer students. When I think of it though the truth is I don't understand neurotypical thought processes. Pretty much always their explanations lack sufficient detail. Content and data is missing. So, people got confused when I explained electrical processes through current. Yet this is the most simple way to understand. It's just they all learned the same way and don't visualise how electrons flow as an image. Given Asperger emphasised how the brain processes information accordingly, it makes sense. The snag is teaching is based on what works for NTs so logically speaking, autists are really going to struggle with those materials. What's weird though is the students were often baffled by how I will explain something just as I see it visually. In the end I was forced to do it all with mathematics and finally they gave ground. 

Dr-David-Banner

Something new. Asperger didn't accept females exhibited the full spectrum of autistic psychopathy. He viewed it as a male phenomenon. He claims of the 200 odd patients sent to his clinic, no female met the full specification for what we now call Asperger Syndrome. However, Asperger did accept a connection between autistic traits in the mothers of the boys. He also states he simply had no full understanding of female autistic psychopathy as he found their number too scarce. Today the diagnosis of female Aspergers exists but this is one more example of the gap between Asperger and modern psychology. Curious though that many female autists have male characteristics. Not sure why Asperger felt the females were  not as fully meeting the spectrum as males. Also he claims its genetic.

Dr-David-Banner

Facts so far are:.All the children studied at Hans Asperger's clinic were unteachable in mainstream school. They were unable to function as part of a group. All were boys as possibly Aspergers in females didn't disrupt school activity so they were not sent to the clinic. The children tested badly on the binet IQ but Asperger noticed that standardised education didn't work well for them. Asperger noticed degrees of special interests,.motor clumsiness, withdrawel into self and sensitivity to noise, rustles, clothes and poor self-care. Rocking and swinging. He distinguished between degrees of the autism. It's clear Asperger understood autism had many positive sides to it. He was more pessimistic over the more severe cases he encountered.