Dr-David-Banner

Rumours Of War

Dr-David-Banner

I was browsing Russian forums to see how people feel. It was calm but a lot of the discussions cited predictable measures to take in the event of nuclear attack. Such as cellars and shelters. The bottom line is both Trump and Putin know pretty well that direct conflict would leave no winners. There are emergency lines established. This was first set up after the Cuban crisis when Krushchev shipped short range missiles to Cuba in order to eliminate the gap that existed at that time. Cuban soviet missiles needed just 5 minutes to reach Washington. However unlike Trump Kennedy was an experienced diplomat and solutions were sought. Sadly Trump and the EU governments are not like Raegan or Kohl. And Putin isn't going to back down to threats. There is a hotline but should Russian military get mistakenly hit by missiles targeting Syria the safe bet is they'd target the source and employ anti missile defence. Most world wars start unintentionally or possibly by assuming the other side would refrain from escalation. In short, hasty attempts to strike Syria could draw in Turkey, Iran, Israel and maybe even China.

nichii

We're probably going to experience another world war within our lifetime. Trump is a hothead, has no political experience, and is immature. He likes the idea of having another war. He's even said this before. If he deploys any missiles to Syria, Russia will most likely shoot them down and this will further the tensions between American and Russia. Trump is too emotional and doesn't understand that he should be improving the relationship between the U.S. and Russia. Instead he goes on his twitter rants and says things that will only worsen the already poor relationship between U.S. and Russia. He needs to think about these things logically before going on his twitter rants and worsens things. 

Edited by nichii

Primeape

I can see why this forum is dead lately if these are the only type of thing people can talk about in not surprised it's dead

Dr-David-Banner

To me it doesn't add up. Recently that clown Boris Johnson compared Putin to Hitler. Does this guy even know Putin's Jewish side of the family died in the hollocaust? I mean, for a diplomat that is school playground stuff. As ot stands though should the Trump administration launch an attack against Syria, the Russian bases would be notified first and I guess air defences engaged. These are anti-missile or ПВО as referred to. Although Russia's conventional mIlitary is not that great they compensated by boosting ICBMs, atomic subs and missile defence. 

Dr-David-Banner
15 minutes ago, Primeape said:

I can see why this forum is dead lately if these are the only type of thing people can talk about in not surprised it's dead

I think it's been dead because nobody starts debates. To be honest these politics threads will get 20 or more responses a day normally. People tend to want to say their bit. Basically it's current affairs. Sites like Blogster will discuss stuff from oil prices to Mexican immigration and people like to have their say. I am all in favour of any debate on any topic but hardly anyone raised a topic

Dr-David-Banner

Likewise, I haven't posted on Debates for a while but not many topics were launched by anyone else. Many date back to February. 

Asgardian

The world is seemingly on edge right now. It is very worrying. 

4 hours ago, Primeape said:

Your post adds nothing to the thread or the forum itself. If anything, it is posts like yours which affect the forum negatively, not a thread which starts a debate. If you don't like this thread then stay off it, or if you have something useful to say then please, contribute. Just don't dump your negativity on here just because you can. It helps nobody.

Dr-David-Banner

Thanks for that and there was no offence taken. Just as you say it is up to each person to start threads that may catch on. Personally I blame the West for this crisis and not dropping the mentality of demonising Russia. I know this all started in Eastern block countries due to Stalin's gulags and repressions. After the fall of the USSR countries like Poland blamed Russia for their lagging economies. The resentment grew to Ukraine and America used this to weaken Russia, surrounding the country with anti-Russian alliances. Russia responded by boosting its nuclear weapons and actively becoming more anti western. It is now far worse than the Cold War because Reagan was relatively respectful to Russia and there were joint ventures like МИР. Besides that Russia is now very different and even beer is now the chosen drink. I am now only on one Russian website devoted to old USSR tape recorders and radio and tv sets. On the other autism site I sense a sort of atmosphere and little wonder after B Johnsons plain stupid remarks. I mean 8 million Russians died fighting Hitler. On the other tech forum they probably think I'm a Czech or Slovak.

Dr-David-Banner

Putin facing some criticism in the Russian press for appearing too docile. They say he's making major war more likely by giving the impression Russia will not do much apart from talk. Putin's style has always been calculated though. Not prone to hasty action - maybe due to his Judo black belt. Maybe Stalin was cautious too. Stalin had no intention of going to war with Germany but the USSR was attacked regardless. This is what may happen here if Trump thinks he can push the limits more.   Another snag is Russia relies on its nuclear weapons and can't afford a big budget destined for conventional navy. Time will tell whether Trump does push things to a head or if Putin faces pressure in his country.

nichii

The missile strike by the U.S., U.K, and France is worrying. I can't expect the world to sit quietly while innocent civilians are killed, but this was a reckless move on Trump's part. Tensions between the U.S. and Russia are already bad. Russia is not happy about this and I hope they don't do anything to retaliate. It was smart to launch the missiles as a joint operation rather than just the U.S. doing it. If only Trump was responsible for this, then things could be a lot worse. Especially if the missile killed any Russian troops. I don't like the way things are heading and I just hope that another war doesn't happen.