Dr-David-Banner

Rumours Of War

Dr-David-Banner

The claim made by Syria and backed by Russia is that large numbers of missiles were shot down by old Soviet anti missile defences, sold to Syria and modernised. I've no idea whether this is true or not. The Syrians may now be sold a more advanced anti missile system which will upset Israel. I don't think Russia wants to be in Syria but they have no allies in the EU and a naval base they need in Syria. All of this was triggered by NATO expansion to Russian borders and exclusion of Russia in global security. Also as the Russians and Chinese stress, the USA won't accept a multipolar global order so continues to try and destabilise Russia with the idea to then try and weaken China. The snag is Putin is a very shrewd tactician and the Chinese economy  is still expanding. Plus Trump has pushed Russia and China together.

Dr-David-Banner

Trump's America won't accept the days of being in a unipolar world are over especially with China leaping ahead. Putin accepted Russia is just part of a global hierarchy but Trump somehow believes threats and rhetoric and intrigue can magically turn back the clock. So far he's threatened China, North Korea and Syria as if these are weak states with no ability to resist. They seem unaware other countries now have some kind of nuclear weapons program. Trump started out with some decent ideas but he's soon deteriorated to the level of a war-mongering soap seller who gets easily manipulated  by factions and pressure groups. He is way off the class of Raegan or Ken edy. The funny thing is reformers in USSR always failed because their reforms were chaotic, such as Gorbachev and Krushchev.Trump hopes to make America great but where are the policies? Sanctions just cripple free trade and wars create refugees. Sadly the clowns over here are equally clueless and are sinking the economy.

Dr-David-Banner

We have had mass hysteria and collective delusion before as in witch trials and suspicions of sorcery. The more people believe in the delusion, the greater the hysteria. Supposedly Russians now routinely gas people in London, win foreign elections, shoot down passenger planes and launch massive chemical attacks. The latest claim is Russia now plans a mass cyber attack. I really think this started gradually from 1992 when Poland and Romania  and especially Baltic states somehow tried to associate communism with Russia, unaware maybe that Marx was German Lenin Armenian. Brezhnev was ukranian. Once America was able to exploit the trends in the East, I think it got out of control in a new wave of racism akin to anti semitism. Yet it makes people seem stupid and ludicrous.  Surely too the education system is part of the equation.

nichii
On 4/15/2018 at 12:50 PM, Dr-David-Banner said:

The claim made by Syria and backed by Russia is that large numbers of missiles were shot down by old Soviet anti missile defences, sold to Syria and modernised.

From what I've read, the missiles used were undetected and reached their targets with no known casualties. The missiles were a type that can go undetected. If any civilians were killed or any Russian soldiers, things would likely be a lot worse right now. The U.S. was lucky that their missiles didn't kill anybody. 

On 4/15/2018 at 3:28 PM, Dr-David-Banner said:

Trump started out with some decent ideas but he's soon deteriorated to the level of a war-mongering soap seller who gets easily manipulated  by factions and pressure groups.

Trump wants another war. He's stupid enough to think that war is a good idea. He's even stated that he thinks it's it's a good idea to have another war. I'm embarrassed to have him as my president. 

13 hours ago, Dr-David-Banner said:

Supposedly Russians now routinely gas people in London, win foreign elections, shoot down passenger planes and launch massive chemical attacks. The latest claim is Russia now plans a mass cyber attack.

Some of what the media claims that Russia has done is nothing more than western propaganda, but some of it is indeed true. Like Russia influencing the election. I have a reddit post saved with around 60 links of articles showing evidence of Russia's influence over the elections. The U.S. has interfered in many foreign elections, so it's not the least bit surprising that another country would do the same.

Dr-David-Banner
5 hours ago, nichii said:

From what I've read, the missiles used were undetected and reached their targets with no known casualties. The missiles were a type that can go undetected. If any civilians were killed or any Russian soldiers, things would likely be a lot worse right now. The U.S. was lucky that their missiles didn't kill anybody. 

Trump wants another war. He's stupid enough to think that war is a good idea. He's even stated that he thinks it's it's a good idea to have another war. I'm embarrassed to have him as my president. 

Some of what the media claims that Russia has done is nothing more than western propaganda, but some of it is indeed true. Like Russia influencing the election. I have a reddit post saved with around 60 links of articles showing evidence of Russia's influence over the elections. The U.S. has interfered in many foreign elections, so it's not the least bit surprising that another country would do the same.

I read a few more political, analytical comments by Russian experts on these missile strikes and it was stated many people over there were concerned Putin had made their armed forces appear weak. However, there was an explanation. Trump's missile strike was seen as symbolic in the sense nothing is going to change. The argument runs that before intervention by Russian military, Assad was just on the verge of total collapse as a secular government in Syria. Without a doubt he'd have been overthrown and the concern was jihadists and extremists could then occupy Syria and infiltrate the Caucasus. The actual situation as it now exists is totally different. Assad is now established and totally in control of the country for the time being. The other big argument that's pointed out is the U.S. has no real policy or game-plan to counter Putin's unwavering support of a secular Syria. Whether people agree or not, Putin's policy hasn't altered and is seen as steadfast in the Middle East (by Middle Eastern countries). At some point Assad will step down for a clean break and an elected leader chosen in Syria (I guess).

There is definitely a Cold War which gradually crept up on us. I think it was assumed after the fall of the USSR, Russia would have faded to total insignificance. I think Putin did a very good job with the ruins of a country that were handed to him after Yeltsin departed. The economy is, of course, still way behind China but it could be worse. They still lag a lot in many areas of economics but lead at the moment in rocket technology and electronics is said to have developed a lot. I heard too they plan to develop domestic software and an internal internet.

Ben
On 13/04/2018 at 12:10 PM, nichii said:

We're probably going to experience another world war within our lifetime. 

You might, I won't. I don't have a Twitter account.

Dr-David-Banner

It is impossible to cut through contrasting propaganda, but Syria definitely claims the old soviet БУК  2 missile defence proved to be a success. The same system.was used in Cuba far back as 1961. People forget people were being sent to the moon by 1969. A lot of Russian and American aircraft date as far back as the sixties. Besides that Syria has decent defences against Israeli strikes so have been kept on the ball. This is no longer like Iraq that had almost no defence. As I speak teams are now in Syria to investigate if Assad.did use chemical weapons. After we were told S Hussein had globally threatening stockpiles of.WMD I am inclined these days to be highly suspicious of all the media.

Dr-David-Banner

There is something definitely backward about Russia and I tend to sense it. This was addressed by Peter The Great in history who wanted to force the country to develop more. Today the country is developed in certain areas, especially sciences and engineering but it lags still in several areas. Psychology seems to me to lag because there is this perception of autism as an illness. There is much emphasis on medication and massage or pills. I was never rash enough to challenge this as I understand people need time to work things out. I also notice society is hugely socially based so to study something you are supposed to be a member of this and a student of that - not a lone traveller. Read any academic career and you see so many references and faculties and marks. I do think though Russia is doing better under Putin because they can now travel, own things and they have a functioning economy. When I was there in 1989 the shops were empty and no initiative. Everybody wanted to get out. It's a shame today the advances made there meet just criticism and not co-operation.

nichii
2 hours ago, Dr-David-Banner said:

There is much emphasis on medication and massage or pills.

Well medication itself can't treat autism, but autism often has comorbid disorders that can be treated with medication. For example, a person with autism may have social anxiety and/or depression as a result of their autism. SSRIs can be prescribed to treat that. Another example is how antipsychotics can also be prescribed to treat several of the symptoms that come with autism such as irritability, aggression, and self-harm, to name a few. As far as massage goes, this is the first time I've ever heard about massages being used to treat autism. I've never come across any evidence to support this. 

Dr-David-Banner

Perestroika period is fascinating. Russians finally started to feel they had been deceived and cheated by communist ideology. After Krushchev people felt everything was Stalin's fault but that Lenin was blameless. Stalin was thought to have created a State dictatorship and all the prison camps and secret police blamed on him. Now Russians feel Lenin was equally to blame. The whole thing was compared to a religion. You had the assumed superiority of the working class, one dominant party (the CPSU), planned economics, and so on. The snag too was corruption and black markets thrived during Perestroika. Putin seems to have stabilised his country and it's a lot more relaxed. The major problem he faced was nationalist sentiments as people began to see themselves as Ukranian or Georgian or Estonian. Estonians are different it's true to say but they came to blame Russia for the Stalin era.