Scheduled Live-streams Read more... ×
StarlessEclipse

Tony Attwood on Asperger's & Depression

StarlessEclipse

I just found out about this fairly recent book by Dr. Tony Attwood about how Aspies experience depression.

http://www.tonyattwood.com.au/books-by-tony-m/english-books/1407-exploring-depression-and-beating-the-blues

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Exploring-Depression-Beating-Blues-Attwood/dp/1849055025

The book explains and describes depression, the forms it can take, and how it looks and feels for teenagers and adults who have Asperger’s syndrome. It includes a 10-stage CBT self-help programme with self-assessment tools and practical activities designed specifically for individuals with Asperger’s syndrome. Although developed as a self-help guide for use with minimal professional support, the programme can also be used in group or individual treatment.

I haven't bought it yet, but it sounds like something that could be particularly helpful for me.

StarlessEclipse
On 11/2/2018 at 11:39 AM, Aeolienne said:

I once heckled Tony Atwood.

I don't know a whole lot about his work. What prompted you to heckle him?

Aeolienne
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:32 PM, StarlessEclipse said:

I don't know a whole lot about his work. What prompted you to heckle him?

The talk took place in Exeter. Tony Attwood said: "There's the Met Office just up the road from here - now that would be Aspie heaven." I called out: "They've just fired me - that's how Aspie-friendly they are!"

(More about my work history here)