Peridot

Would You Do A Photo Shoot?

Peridot

There's this woman out here where I live who does the weather forecast. Here she is:

Helga_zps58873fb0.png

Apparently a large part of the male Dutch audience is infatuated by her as this guy on the radio asked her if she'd ever do a photoshoot for Playboy after which she said that if ten thousand people would say they'd buy that Playboy issue with her in it, she wouldn't consider it but she'd actually do it. So they made this thing that people could sign to show they're interested.

That was quite some time ago and I think they didn't reach the ten thousand but I still think plenty of people signed it. Anyway, recently there was this article in which she was quoted saying that she was still actually considering it but she was wondering what kind of impact it would have on her career. She wondered if people would start looking at her in a way that she wouldn't like.

I can understand the hesitation to a degree but on the other hand I'm thinking if you'd like to do a photoshoot like that then just do it! ^_^ She obviously likes the idea seeing that she's been talking about it for a year or so...

Anyway, the question is would you do a photoshoot for Playboy? This just popped into my mind just now so I thought I'd start a thread. It's an interesting topic. :lol:

Nesf

No way!  :o  I don't want to become a sex object. Maybe some women don't mind that kind of attention, but I find it degrading. Not that I'd be a particularly suitable subject for a Playboy magazine anyway!

Peridot

No way!  :o  I don't want to become a sex object. Maybe some women don't mind that kind of attention, but I find it degrading. Not that I'd be a particularly suitable subject for a Playboy magazine anyway!

From what I've seen (which isn't a lot) Playboy actually has some classy shoots where they create a certain mood...and it's sexual not childish or objectionable in my opinion.

If I was a woman I'd do it...I think. :unsure::lol:

Ik3

I'm gonna steer clear of this thread. Possible TMI disclosure involving a bachelorette party I attended one time.... >_>

Heather

No I don't think I would do this.  I get a bad impression in my mouth when I hear "Playboy" and don't want to be associated with it, no matter if they have classy shots too.. though I know a few people from my old workplace who liked Playboy.. I don't really know why.

Nesf

From what I've seen (which isn't a lot) Playboy actually has some classy shoots where they create a certain mood...and it's sexual not childish or objectionable in my opinion.

If I was a woman I'd do it...I think. :unsure::lol:

I think that you'd find that 99% of women wouldn't want to have anything to do with Playboy, no matter how good the photography was.  Women generally don't like Playboy, and consider it very sleezy and wouldn't want to be associated with such a thing. I could never accept my body being exposed in public in a sexual context, and the idea of men buying Playboy and letching at my body makes me sick. It's degrading.

Peridot

Like I said, I don't really read Playboy at all so I can't really say anything about the magazine as a whole. But I've seen some photos of celebrities. Like for instance this woman:

Georgina_zps582cc0cd.png

I couldn't really post any of them, obviously. :lol: But some of them are very nice. There's one for instance where she's in front of a mirror which is very cool. Anyway, I've always had a crush on this woman. Her name's Georgina and she's famous in Holland. She's always come across to me as very genuine and goodhearted and warm. When I say I have a crush on her, I really mean just that. :blush: So you know when I saw her photos I wasn't just "checking her out" as I suppose you'd call it... Or what is that word? Hold up. *checks the dictionary* Ogle! That's the word. Except it doesn't mean what I thought it did. It means "to look at amorously, flirtatiously, or impertinently.". I guess amorously is how I looked at those photos. :lol: I'm not ashamed to admit it. I just have a crush on her. :mellow: So that for instance is not sleezy, you know? But of course I'm not the only type of guy who has seen her in that magazine.

Toran

I think the problem isnt about the photos but the perception of how men look at woman. I may be wrong but women spend a lot of time making themselves look beautiful and feel good about otherwise why go to all the effort.

If you feel good look good and know those looking at the photos were seeing the beauty of the female form rather than a cold sex object would you feel different about taking part.

Same goes for men doesnt it women like men but not in the same way as men lust after women. I was told the last bit once by a friend thats how she saw it anyway but id find it flattering if anyone wanted me to pose but then again by the time they had asked im sure those in the white coats would be close at hand

Peridot

the idea of men buying Playboy and letching at my body makes me sick. It's degrading.

I guess if I was a woman I'd consider it flattering. :lol:

How is it degrading? Don't worry, I'm not trying to start a fiery debate by asking that question. I just find it an interesting subject.

Ben

Pictures that make a woman look powerful and confident, whilst showing the beauty of the female form? YES!! 

Pictures that make women look like slags? Nah, no thanks, I'll take a pass.