SethTheEvilDeity

Hey

Sofi

System of a Down are great!

How old are you, Seth? 

iggy

Hi, welcome! Looks like you're already fitting in great :)

SethTheEvilDeity

Oh and maybe any of you have heard of the Celtic Metal band Eluveitie? They're from Switzerland by the way xD.

OH. I'm 17 xD

you?

mary

Oh and maybe any of you have heard of the Celtic Metal band Eluveitie? They're from Switzerland by the way xD.

OH. I'm 17 xD

I've seen them live... pretty awesome.  Not got anything on CD though.

Toran

Hiya welcome to the forum

SethTheEvilDeity

ooh, i don't either. although i have Angels Fall First and the most recent other Nightwish album i can't spell at the moment ._... i have a few other CD"s but the rest of my CD's are just burned songs onto blank disks.. other than a Disturbed, Evanescence, KoRn, and Flogging Molly and iron maiden.. OH and one more.. can't spell the name at the moment o.o.    

Thanks ;o

Guest Chris

Ahhhhhh haha, not trying to hijack either but this is amusing! ;)

I've only seen In Flames once... they were good though.  Dark Tranquility were good the time I saw them too.    Children of Bodom were a huge fave of mine for a long time... still love them, but not as much as I used to.  Seen them many times.  Nightwish, well I don't even really want to think about how many times I've seen them... I used to run their UK fanclub way back though!  I will have been at that Manchester NW gig!

Rammstein are a band I'd have loved to have seen live, but unfortunately never managed to.  Bloodstock - did you only go the once or!?  I think 07 is the one I missed... I used to do official photos for the festival.  Went from 2004 til 2011, only missing 07 in between.  Such a bloody good festival :)

Haha. I think it was '07. In Flames were headlining the last night, Dark Tranquillity were there, Lacuna Coil.. well, loads of awesome bands, I won't go on. :P 

Yeah I've only been to BOA the once. I stood at the front for 12 hours on both days to make sure I was... at the front. Meant I didn't have any food or anything though so I practically died after both days when we left lol.

You people are so lucky.. I've never been to a concert.. although The Cult is coming to my town in August so my dad wants to get tickets for me and him..  by the way.. excuse my stupidity but is hijacking another equivalent of eavesdropping or something? if that is the case.. i don't mind :P. I actually am enjoying this:)

Oh, does anyone here like Arkona or Korpiklaani?

Korpiklaani are cool, I saw them at the BOA I went to. :P The crowd erected some giant Korpiklaani banner made from tree branches, paper, cups, etc for them. XD

I've not been to many gigs, usually due to lack of anyone to go with and I don't do particularly well in crowded, loud places! I've just been to a few.

other ones I've really liked is The Used, Mindless Self Indulgence, Silverstein, System of a Down, Blink 182, Green Day, Enter Shikari.... you can see the trend of what I like now! 

Awesome. :P I love gigs. My favourite gigs are at arenas. I love the atmosphere. So many people (indoors) with such a large space to really crank it out. They can have it so loud without the sound pressure level being high, so it's not.. painful. 'Academy'-size venues are okay, best place to stand is by the desk though imo. :P Not keen on outdoor festivals, don't seem loud enough to me.

The first gig I ever went to was  'The Unholy Alliance: Chapter 2' at MEN Arena in Manchester. (Willow actually told me about the gig when we were 13, otherwise I wouldn't have gone :D). It was the perfect line-up and still probably the best gig I've ever been to - definitely a good 'first' one. :D The line-up was Slayer, In Flames, Lamb of God, Children of Bodom and Thine Eyes Bleed (missed most of Thine Eyes Bleed but I'd never heard of them so not fussed. I think Tom Araya (Slayer frontman)'s brother was in them, maybe..).

mary

ooh, i don't either. although i have Angels Fall First and the most recent other Nightwish album i can't spell at the moment ._... i have a few other CD"s but the rest of my CD's are just burned songs onto blank disks.. other than a Disturbed, Evanescence, KoRn, and Flogging Molly and iron maiden.. OH and one more.. can't spell the name at the moment o.o.    

Thanks ;o

Imaginaerum?  I quite like the album... will be interesting to see what happens with the band now that they only have a 'temporary' singer... I love Floor though (from After Forever / Revamp) and I'd love to see her stick with the band - I'd hoped for her to be the replacement when Tarja left.

I quite like old Evanescence.  I like lots really... I love Edguy, HammerFall, Avantasia, Amon Amarth, Barren Earth, Tarot, Hanoi Rocks, Poisonblack, Turisas, that sort of stuff :)  I also really like new band from here, Jettblack :)  Fun band.

SethTheEvilDeity

oh cool hammer fall... and I love Evanescence's EP's from 1998-2001 i think.. Evanescence EP-Origin.. too bad they're really rare though. 

Guest Chris

Should probably start another thread on this if there isn't one already - do any of you guys play any instruments?