Ben

Six Years of Asperclick...

Ben

I kinda' feel like Red from the Shawshank. On Asperclick, I've seen it all, done it all, said it all, and posted it all. Every friend I ever made on here left years ago, and likewise, every enemy I ever made on here tumbled into the well of obscurity, never to return again. The flame wars we had? I honestly couldn't tell you what either one of us said or why we were arguing. The friends I made? Who knows, they could me making millions or starving to death. I wouldn't know

In 2013 I 'left the forum' - twice. Funny how I managed to be one of the last ones left in the foxhole. I left, but always came back. And to be honest, I'll probably be here until Willow is cashing her pension and I'm making reams of threads were I reply to myself thinking I'm someone else. Yeah... I guess commitment was always a strength of mine. 

The people I've met here have taught me SO much about Autism. The biggest lesson of course, is that every individual case is like a unique serial code. And no two combinations of numbers will ever match. I've come across shy, reserved, and introverted members. I've come across confident, outgoing and extroverted members, as well as every bespoke plethora of traits that they bring to the table, with some rare members falling into just about every category. 

If you're an Autistic worker , you SERIOUSLY missed a trick in not joining us. Because no book, degree, or academic construction will EVER be able to give you as much as we can. Sadly, advances in social media have kind of murdered platforms such as these.  Yet still, I maintain the faith that we will continue on - we just need to be revolutionary. 

The ramblings of a madman, maybe. But there you go. 

Willow

I have actually set aside the next 2 weeks to sort the forum out, so here's to many more years of Asperclick! Hopefully all my research and work will pay off and we'll be active again :)

Ben
1 hour ago, Willow said:

I have actually set aside the next 2 weeks to sort the forum out, so here's to many more years of Asperclick! Hopefully all my research and work will pay off and we'll be active again :)

NICE 🍻 🤜🤛 🤙

Heather

Well said @Ben.

Yay to new updates coming @Willow. I'm excited to see what you have planned. 😁

Sofi

Yay 6 years of Asperclick :D! I'm looking forward to the updates 

Ben

Looking better already. Utilitarian, something I can get along with... 

Sofi

Are Honorary Members, 'Koby's Friend' etc. no longer a thing?! 

Dr-David-Banner
19 hours ago, Ben said:

Looking better already. Utilitarian, something I can get along with... 

I agree. Ultimately it's Willow's site and is reflecting her intuition as to how it should all look at the moment. So, sure, it looks friendly and bright and positive. I would like to see a section for clinical issues and support which may attract those who need support (a good way to get fresh members). However, there is plenty of time to consider that and so far so good.

Willow
1 minute ago, Dr-David-Banner said:

I agree. Ultimately it's Willow's site and is reflecting her intuition as to how it should all look at the moment. So, sure, it looks friendly and bright and positive. I would like to see a section for clinical issues and support which may attract those who need support (a good way to get fresh members). However, there is plenty of time to consider that and so far so good.

I'm trying not to over-complicate things, so that would fall into Medication & Therapy or Symptoms & Diagnosis :)

5 hours ago, Sofi said:

Are Honorary Members, 'Koby's Friend' etc. no longer a thing?! 

Unfortunately not, sorry!