Willow

2019 Overhaul

Willow

So what’s new?

First and foremost, the site has been reorganized, with less forum sections for topics to fit into, giving it a cleaner and easier to use feel.

We used to have:

Pull Up A Chair

-           Introductions

-           Back After A Break

-           Wait, Who Is That?

-           Meeting In Real Life

Asperger’s Help & Advice

-           Symptoms, Issues & Oddities

-           Diagnosis Stories & Progress

-           Meltdowns & Panic Attacks

Living With Asperger Syndrome

-           Making & Keeping Friends

-           Romantic Relationships

-           Family

-           Education & Working Life

-           Medication & Therapy

-           General Asperger’s Talk

General Chatter

-           General Discussion

o   News, Articles & Other Interesting Links

o   Movies & TV

o   Gaming

-           Forum Games

-           Random Chit Chat

Polls & Questions

-           Aspie Related

-           Random Nosiness

-           Debates

Koby’s Clubhouse

-           Help, Support & Advice

-           Chatter

-           Suggestions

Forum Announcements

-           Updates & Rules

-           Asperclick Feedback

-           WillowHope News

We now have:

Hello

-           Introduce Yourself

Asperger’s Help & Advice

-           Symptoms & Diagnosis

-           Help & Resources

Living With Asperger Syndrome

-           Friendships & Relationships

-           Education & Work

-           Medication & Therapy

General Chatter

-           General Discussion

-           Chit Chat & Games

-           Debates & Ranting

Asperclicker’s Lounge

(for paying subscribers only)

Forum Announcements

-           Updates & Rules

-           Feedback

All topics from the old style have been manually reshuffled into the appropriate new forum sections. As a general rule, all topics from the following old sections, are now in the following new sections:

-           ‘Introductions’, ‘Back After A Break’, ‘Wait, Who Is That?’ and ‘Meeting In Real Life’ > Introduce Yourself

-           ‘Help, Support & Advice’ (from Koby’s Clubhouse), ‘Symptoms, Issues & Oddities’, ‘Diagnosis Stories & Progress’ and ‘Meltdowns & Panic Attacks’ > Symptoms & Diagnosis

-           ‘Tips & Workarounds’, ‘Resources’ and ‘Ask An Aspie’ > Help & Resources

-           ‘Making & Keeping Friends’, ‘Romantic Relationships’ and ‘Family’ > Friendships & Relationships

-           ‘Education & Working Life’ and ‘Medication & Therapy’ remain the same

-           ‘General Asperger’s Talk’ manually dispersed relevantly between all other forum sections.

-           ‘General Discussion’, ‘News, Articles & Interesting Links’, ‘Movies & TV’, and ‘Gaming’ > General Discussion

-           ‘Chatter’ (From Koby’s Clubhouse), ‘Random Chit Chat’, ‘Forum Games’, ‘Aspie Related Polls’ and ‘General Nosiness Polls’ > Chit Chat & Games

-           ‘Debates’ and ‘Ranting’ (from Koby’s Clubhouse) > Debates & Ranting

-           ‘Updates & Rules’ and ‘WillowHope News’ > Updates & Rules

-           ‘Feedback’ and ‘Suggestions’ (from Koby’s Clubhouse) > Feedback

Reputation Changes

The reactions have changed and we now only have:

Like > +1 rep point

Thanks > +1 rep point

Haha > no rep points given

Sad > no rep points given

And the reputation system now looks like this:

Old Name | Newbie | 0 points | New Name | Red

Old Name | Neutral | 500 points | New Name | Orange

Old Name | Friendly | 1500 points | New Name | Yellow

Old Name | Honored | 3000 points | New Name | Green

Old Name | Revered | 6000 points | New Name | Blue

Old Name | Exalted | 10000 points | New Name | Indigo

The new name reflects the colour that gets added to your rainbow when you  move up a rank.

Member Groups

Admin – remains unchanged

Founder – remains unchanged

Finding My Feet – members with under 100 posts

Member – members with over 100 posts

Know My Way Around – members with over 1000 posts

Asperclicker – paid subscribers

We no longer have Koby’s Friend or Honorary Members – the members in those groups have been moved into the relevant groups above. All member accounts have been pruned to remove any spam accounts or accounts that never activated through email.

Animated profile photo - No

Club types they can create - open

Number of clubs they can manage - 2

Reactions per day - 50

PM’s they can start per day - 5

PM storage - 20 conversations

Edit own content - For 30 mins

Asperclicker

Animated profile photo - Yes

Club types they can create - Open, Private

Number of clubs they can manage - 5

Reactions per day - Unlimited

PM’s they can start per day - Unlimited

PM storage - Unlimited

Edit own content - For 2 hours

Asperclicker’s can also access the Asperclicker’s Lounge where there is exclusive content and giveaways. They can also send a PM to an unlimited amount of recipients, as oppose to a normal member who is restricted to 5 recipients per PM.

Store Feature

We now have a store, where you can purchase merchandise, a monthly subscription or make a donation. This is all handled in house, on Asperclick, for the first time ever. You can see at the top of the home page how much we need to make to cover the running costs for the year, this amount will automatically adjust itself when donations are made.

The subscription service is £5 per month, and you can subscribe for as little or as long as you like, but you will only enjoy the benefits for as long as you keep your subscription, otherwise you will be returned to your previous member group.

Blog/Sister Site

You will see the new link in the navigation bar for ‘Blog’. This is a sister site I have set up where I will blog and post articles relevant to the forum, I will also keep it up to date with the top picks and go into a bit more detail about what’s been chosen and why.

Email Newsletter

I will be publishing a regular newsletter, probably bi-monthly for a while as a trial, where I will look into latest topics, highest posters etc., and highlight the best bits of the forum. Make sure you are opted in to receive emails in your settings.

Other Changes to Note

There have been many other small changes, here’s a few more obvious ones:

-           Content with over 10 likes will now be highlighted

-           There will only be 10 topics/replies shown per page (it was 25 before)

-           You will be required to choose or create a tag for a new topic

-           There will be an indepth ‘how to’ video posted within the next week, which will be useful for new members but may also refresh the memories of our existing members, on how to get the best from Asperclick.

-           Username changes are now unavailable, this is to keep things familiar and help other members. If you do require a name change, I can still do it manually for you. I ask that you try to keep your names simple as it helps the other forum users to recognise and refer to you.

Myrtonos

So now only open and private clubs can be created and even existing closed clubs - which were closed for good reasons - are now open.

Willow
19 minutes ago, Myrtonos said:

So now only open and private clubs can be created and even existing closed clubs - which were closed for good reasons - are now open.

This is correct. But no clubs were set to private, so they have all always been fully visible by anybody, the only thing that changed is now forum members can reply without joining. So there was no breach of privacy. :)

Myrtonos

I checked clubs that used to be closed and now I can see posts that only members could see before the overhaul. Also, I checked and there is no way to reply to even an open club thread without joining.

Edited by Myrtonos

Willow
7 minutes ago, Myrtonos said:

I checked clubs that used to be closed and now I can see posts that only members could see before the overhaul.

I’m sorry, I don’t think this is the case, only private clubs wouldn’t have been able to be viewed by non club members and there were no private clubs. The only change, as stated, is that now you can reply to club posts whether you’re a club member or not. 

It may be that guests to the forum can see all the clubs now where they couldn’t before but I’ll have to double check that.

Either way, clubs will remain in their current format. Anyone who has a club, who doesn’t like the changes can easily have their club removed.

Myrtonos
2 minutes ago, Willow said:

The only change, as stated, is that now you can reply to club posts whether you’re a club member or not. 

I looked at some threads in those clubs and I see no reply button at the top of those threads, nor a reply box at the bottom of the page.

Willow
20 minutes ago, Myrtonos said:

I looked at some threads in those clubs and I see no reply button at the top of those threads, nor a reply box at the bottom of the page.

I’ll take a look at it later. The updates are ongoing so there will still be things that aren’t working as they should. 

Auletes

Are topics that used to be a bit more protected in "Koby's Clubhouse" (if I remember correctly) now open for everyone to see?

Edited by Auletes

Willow
22 minutes ago, Auletes said:

Are topics that used to be a bit more protected in "Koby's Clubhouse" (if I remember correctly) now open for everyone to see?

They were only protected from guests visitors, if you were a member of the forum you could see the posts.

Willow
8 hours ago, Myrtonos said:

Sorry, so, anyone can view the clubs and their posts, but you have to join to reply, but anyone can join, though content may need to be approved by the club owner.